Edge, Fashion

Celebrate Super Bowl in style

Illustration  by Emma Deardorff

Illustration by Emma Deardorff

Football fans know what is happening on Feb. 1.: the game of all games, fueled by burgers and passionate support for the Seattle Seahawks or the New England Patriots. That’s right, it’s Super Bowl time! The 49th bowl – or as it is formidably called, Super Bowl XLIX – will kick off at 6:30 p.m Sunday, and you’d better be ready.

Amidst the chicken wings and standing ovations, there are clothes involved. Don’t know what to wear to your Super Bowl watch party? The Hurricane has you covered. Whether you are a die-hard Pats fan or simply a hot dog enthusiast, make the most of Super Bowl Sunday and dress the part.

If you have waited for this game since New Year’s Eve, you will most likely be donning a jersey with the namesake of your favorite player. Change up the same old routine by borrowing a friend’s oversized jersey and wearing it as a minidress with high-top sneakers. Pro tip: Wear some shorts made from soft fabric underneath for ultimate comfort.

For the jersey-less ladies, get ready for some grub. Pair a top in the color of your team paired with some ripped boyfriend jeans and slip-ons. Reaching for the pretzels in between screaming friends is never an easy task, so roomy pants will allow for more wiggle room.

As much as football is America’s favorite sport, some people just don’t get it. If you find yourself shamelessly in this boat (who cares about deflated footballs?), play it safe by wearing team-neutral colors. Both the Seahawks and the Patriots wear tones of silver and navy blue. A breezy denim button-down and black shorts is a simple way to stay out of controversy.

Isabella Cueto

Isabella Cueto can be reached via email at editor@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @isabellacueto

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...