Basketball, Cross Country/Track and Field, Sports

Sports Briefs 1/22

SPORTS_MensTennis_GF

Freshman Piotr Lomacki (front) and Senior Henrique Tsukamoto play doubles during Monday’s match against UCF, held at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center. The Canes lost 3-4. Giancarlo Falconi // Staff Photographer

Men’s Basketball

Miami men’s basketball team will take on NC State at home at 8 p.m. Thursday. The Canes are  7-11 all-time against the Wolfpack, going as far back as the 1939-40 season. NC State won the last matchup with Miami 67-58 in March at Greensboro Coliseum. This season, the Canes are 12-5 overall and 2-2 in the ACC. Head Coach Jim Larrañaga has a 548-375 overall record in his 31st season as a head coach. He is 78-41 in his fourth season as a Cane, with 33-23 in ACC play. For more coverage, go to themiamihurricane.com/section/sports/basketball-sports/.

Track and Field

Sophomore sprinter Shakima Wimbley is honored as ACC Women’s Track Performer of the Week after a strong start to the 2015 season of indoor track and field. Wimbley won the women’s 200 meters with a personal best time of 23.35 seconds that, ranking fourth on Miami’s all-time indoor list and second in the NCAA this season at the Nittany Lion Challenge Saturday in State College, Pa. She also ran in the Canes 4×400 relay win with a time of 3:35.93, the second-fastest time in the country this season. The Canes will be running again on Friday and Saturday this weekend at the Rod McCravy Memorial Meet in Lexington, Ky.

Courtney Fiorini

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...