Blogs, Campus Life, UBuzz

5 things to look forward to from The Miami Hurricane this spring

coming this spring-01The winter break may be over, but at least The Miami Hurricane can make your busy schedules a little easier. Can’t pick up our print issue? We’ve got you covered.

Visit themiamihurricane.com and subscribe to email newsletters for the latest news from our ibis-covered pathways to the greater Miami community.

Here is a preview of what we have in store for this semester:

5. President Donna E. Shalala graduates

Shalala announced that she will step down at the end of this semester. In April, be sure to grab a copy of The Hurricane’s special edition commemorative issue.

4. The Presidential Search Committee

The search committee began last semester in tandem with Shalala’s announcement. Follow us on Twitter @MiamiHurricane for all updates regarding Shalala’s successor.

3. Ultra Music Festival

Every spring, Hurricane reporters and photographers storm the Ultra scene and keep students in the loop with live tweets, photo slideshows, and DJ interviews. This year, we’ll be making sure our Ultra coverage is bigger and better than ever.

2. Clinton Global Initiative University

The Clintons love the University of Miami, and CGIU will be held on our campus March 7 to 9. If you don’t plan to delay Spring Break by a couple of days, The Miami Hurricane has got you covered. Look out for our online coverage.

1. Pretty in Print

Our first print issue will be out Thursday, Jan. 22 right after the long weekend. It’s a while, but it’ll be worth it. We promise.

Above all, this is the university community’s news source. If there’s something we’re not covering, let us know.

We want to hear from you: Send us a message here or drop by the newsroom on the 2nd floor of the Student Activities Center (SAC 200).

What are you most looking forward to this semester?

• Finding out who'll be Shalala's successor (65%, 13 Votes)
  • Spring Break (25%, 5 Votes)
  • The Miami Hurricane's first print issue (10%, 2 Votes)
  • Clinton Global Initiative University (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Ultra (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 20

Polls Archive

Loading ... Loading ...

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

The latest edition of Quick Hits introduces middle blocker Bridget Wallenberger ...