Edge, Food

Sweeten the holiday with Candy Canes Fudge

Candy Cane Fudge  Madelyn Paquette // Contributing Photographer

Candy Cane Fudge
Madelyn Paquette // Contributing Photographer

The holiday season is upon us, and it’s the most wonderful time of the year for stuffing your face with seasonal sweets. If you’re looking for a treat and have a microwave, you can whip up a festive potluck dessert or a decadent gift that will impress anyone on your list.

Candy ‘Canes Fudge

Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction

Ingredients:

3 cups white chocolate chips

1 ¾ cups of sweetened condensed milk

¼ cup heavy cream

½ teaspoon peppermint extract

10 crushed candy canes (plus extra for decoration)

1 large bar of dark chocolate

Directions:

Mix together the white chocolate chips, condensed milk and heavy cream in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth.

Stir in peppermint extract and candy canes. Pour the mixture into an 8×8 pan.

Break up the dark chocolate bar into small pieces, and, using a knife, swirl them into the fudge. Decorate with additional candy canes, if desired.

Chill for at least three hours before cutting.

Madelyn Paquette

Five years and two days after being fired as FIU’s football coach, at least one report declares form ...

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...