Edge, Theater

2014 alumna to take the stage in ‘Peter Pan Live!’

Photo Courtesy miami.edu

Photo Courtesy miami.edu

Canes have an extra reason to tune in to Peter Pan Live!, airing 8 p.m. on NBC on Dec. 4. Alanna Saunders, a 2014 graduate of the UM College of Arts & Sciences Department of Theatre Arts, will be playing the role of Tiger Lily – Peter Pan’s loyal friend and the daughter of Neverland’s Native Chief.

“Everything about this opportunity is amazing,” Saunders said. “I get to work alongside incredible and incredibly talented people and idols. It’s going to be a live performance on NBC, I was chosen to be a principal in this amazing production, and the opportunities that this will create are only the beginning! All of that while doing what I love? There’s absolutely nothing better.”

While at the university, Saunders played major roles in “Metamorphoses” (Myrrha) and  “Floyd Collins” (Nellie Collins). This summer she also performed in “Gypsy” (June) and “A Chorus Line” (Diana Morales) with the Connecticut Repertory Theatre.

Read more from the College of Arts and Sciences News.

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...