Football, Sports

Brad Kaaya named ACC Rookie of the Year

Brad Kaaya | Courtesy Hurricane Sports

Kaaya // Courtesy HurricaneSports

Brad Kaaya was announced as the ACC Rookie of the Year Tuesday afternoon, joining 12 Hurricane teammates who have received All-ACC Honors this week.

Kaaya, who ranks second in the ACC in passing yards, is the third Hurricane in program history to receive the award. Duke Johnson earned it in 2012, and Sean Spence in 2008.

Twenty-two of the 55 members of the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association (ACSMA) selected Kaaya for the award. Kaaya quickly proved himself at the collegiate level, breaking single-game passing records in back-to-back games early in the season, throwing for 342 yards against Arkansas State, then breaking that mark a week later with 359 yards against Nebraska.

In fact, some of Kaaya’s numbers this season compare with Hurricane greats – his 25 touchdown passes this season tie him with Bernie Kosar and Ken Dorsey for the fourth most touchdown passes in a single season at Miami.

Miami is currently awaiting its bowl destination; two possible games include the Independence Bowl in Shreveport and the Bitcoin Bowl in St. Petersburg.​

AJ Ricketts

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...