Campus Life, News, Profiles

Author, UM alumna Ann Levine to demystify law school admission process

Ann Levine // Photo via LinkedIn

Ann Levine // Photo via LinkedIn

Author, law school admissions expert and University of Miami alumna Ann Levine will return to campus Wednesday.

Levine, who founded Law School Expert, a law school admissions consulting business in 2004, will help demystify the law school admissions process at the Toppel Career Center.

Levine will offer her best tips for navigating the different components needed to apply for law school – writing the personal statement, planning an LSAT study schedule and negotiating scholarships.

“I will tailor it as a discussion,” she said.

Levine has served as the director of admissions at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles and at California Western School of Law in San Diego. Her two books, “The Law School Admissions Game: Play like an Expert” and “The Law School Decision Game: A Playbook for Prospective Lawyers,” are rated almost five stars on Amazon.com.

Levine is excited to return to her alma mater. She earned her bachelor’s degree in communication in 1996 and J.D. from the UM School of Law in 1999.

An active student leader, Levine was inducted into the Iron Arrow Honor Society, the highest honor attained at the University of Miami, the Omicron Delta Kappa honor society, and the Society of Bar and Gavel, which recognizes achievement in law school.

Despite these accolades, Levine’s fondest memory comes from her student orientation in the midst of Hurricane Andrew that hit South Florida in 1992.

“That was definitely formative because we [the freshmen class]bonded and dealt with adversity,” she said.

Levine’s presentation begins at 5 p.m. and there will be a question and answer session. For more information on her consulting services, visit lawschoolexpert.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Author, UM alumna Ann Levine to demystify law school admission process”

1. The Law says:

Let me demystify it for you: if you’re part of the 90% not in the top 10%, you’ll have huge debt and disastrous job options (think $30-40k). Law school is a joke and there are far, far, far too many law graduates. It is beyond comprehension why anyone would gamble on non-elite law degrees in 2014 given easily-found information about the ROI of a JD.

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

University of Miami diver Briadam Herrera collected a 1-meter national title at the Greensboro Aquat ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...