Miami’s spookiest spots

Ghost Tours

HistoryMiami will be leading ghost tours at City of Miami Cemetery, the city’s oldest cemetery, on Thursday. Lurk among the tombstones and mausoleums of historic people like the Burdine Family, founders of the Burdines department store; the Peacock Family, who helped found Coconut Grove; and  Julia Tuttle, the “Mother of Miami,” in addition to the 66 Confederate and 27 Union veterans buried there. Tours will be offered at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Halloween Eve. Halloween costumes are optional, but don’t forget a flashlight for the spooky night.

For tickets and reservations, visit historymiami.org/tours.

Howl-O-Ween at CocoWalk

If you’re seeking a thrill, join the Halloween festivities with the Howl-O-Ween Extraordinaire at CocoWalk from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. Friday. The night will include a live DJ and costume contests along with spooky experiences as you roam CocoWalk’s courtyard at midnight. The Adult Costume Contest will begin at 9:30 p.m.

For more information visit cocowalk.net.

House of Horror

Miami International Mall is hosting a House of Horror amusement park, the largest haunted house in South Florida. If you’re looking for a trail of fear filled with the unexpected, visit the attraction from 6 to 11 p.m. Monday though Thursday, 5 p.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday, or 5 to 11 p.m. Sunday. The House of Horror includes haunted rooms and carnival amusement rides for $25.

For tickets visit houseofhorrorpark.com.

Pumpkin Decorating Contest

All UM students and employees are welcome to participate in a pumpkin decorating contest, running from noon to 4 p.m. Friday in the Richter Library Breezeway. Show off your wicked talents for a chance to win one of four categories: best in show, scariest, most thematic and most humorous. Winners will be selected based on the pumpkins with the most votes.

Ghosts in the Garden

Join the Miami Beach Botanical Garden from 8 p.m. to midnight Friday to explore a medieval garden with ghosts and fantasy creatures. The event will feature a haunted forest, music, dancing, food and surprises. Come dressed to scare for the costume contest; winners will be awarded a giveaway at the Clevelander Hotel in Miami Beach.

For more information, visit mbgarden.org.

Lincoln Road Mall

Stroll along the streets of Lincoln Road Mall after dark on Friday to dance the night away or dine at one of the mall’s top restaurants. Visitors can also  hang out with the crowd on the patio and people-watch the spooky souls passing by. Don’t forget your best Halloween costume and makeup.

For more information, visit lincolnroadmall.com.

Fairchild’s Howl-o-ween

Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden invites visitors to enjoy the garden along with their four-legged friends. The Howl-o-ween celebration invites attendees to bring their dogs along and show off their Halloween costumes. Stroll through the tropical surroundings and enjoy the views with your pet from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday.

For more information, visit fairchildgarden.org.

Terror in the Jungle

Jungle Island’s Terror in the Jungle event, running through Saturday, will be held from 7:30 p.m. to midnight or, as they claim, until the last victim is served. Visitors will be greeted by five acres of spooky attractions depicting a tropical jungle home to half-dead creatures and a crashed plane in the ruins of the Aztec city. With roaming zombies running in the wild, there is no telling what will be encountered at Terror in the Jungle.

For tickets, visit terrorinthejungle.com.

Emily Dabau

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...

Senior Jeb Bargfeldt was recognized as ACC Pitcher of the Week following a dominating performance ag ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

Although 17th-year head coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews has made Sweet 16 appearances commonplace the jour ...