Homecoming 2014, News

C.O.I.S.O. wins spirit tree competition

The Spirit Tree Ceremony is an annual Homecoming tradition in which student organizations place their hand-crafted ornaments on a tree outside of the Ashe building.

NEWS_Spirit Tree

At the Spirit Tree Ceremony Thursday morning, student organizations placed their hand-crafted ornaments on the tree outside of the Ashe building. For the competition, each organization acted out a skit related to their ornament. C.O.I.S.O took first place for its skit and ornament designed as a globe. Veteran Students Organization and Hecht Residential College came in second and third place, respectively. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...