Homecoming 2014, News

C.O.I.S.O. wins spirit tree competition

The Spirit Tree Ceremony is an annual Homecoming tradition in which student organizations place their hand-crafted ornaments on a tree outside of the Ashe building.

NEWS_Spirit Tree

At the Spirit Tree Ceremony Thursday morning, student organizations placed their hand-crafted ornaments on the tree outside of the Ashe building. For the competition, each organization acted out a skit related to their ornament. C.O.I.S.O took first place for its skit and ornament designed as a globe. Veteran Students Organization and Hecht Residential College came in second and third place, respectively. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team fought valiantly at the Hawkins Indoor Tennis Center, but ...

Hurricanes and Fighting Irish play at 7 p.m. Monday. ...