Football, Sports

Three Canes earn ACC Player of the Week

After Miami’s 30-6 win at Virginia Tech, three Canes were honored with ACC Player of the Week on Monday.

Junior running back Duke Johnson was named Offensive Back of the Week after his career best 249-yard performance. Senior center Shane McDermott was named Offensive Lineman of the Week and sophomore linebacker Jermaine Grace was honored as Co-Linebacker of the Week.

Johnson totaled 249 yards on 24 carries and scored two touchdowns to help the Canes win. He has over 1,000-yards rushing this season for the first time in his career.

McDermott and the offensive line helped open up the Miami running game in Blacksburg. He has been the Canes’ starting center for the past three seasons.

Grace made four tackles, and three of them were solo. In Blacksburg, he snagged the first two fumble recoveries in his career and his second sack this season. Grace ranks fourth on the Canes with 36 tackles this season.

The Canes will take on North Carolina 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Sun Life Stadium for the Homecoming game.

For the full list of ACC Players of the Week in football, go to theACC.com 

Courtney Fiorini

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...