Edge, UBuzz

This is Halloween: 13 tips to celebrate the spooktacular holiday

If you’re looking for a spooktacular way to get into the Halloween spirit, then read on for 13 delightfully ghoulish tips.

Courtesy sazrlion.tumblr.com

1. Channel your inner witch or wizard with classic movies like “Halloweentown” and “Hocus Pocus.”

Courtesy inlove-wt-death.tumblr.com

2. Whip up enchanting treats.

Courtesy thepumpkinqueenn.tumblr.com

Courtesy leavebonesexposed.tumblr.com

3. Convene with some chilling spirits.

Courtesy cocktailspassion.tumblr.com

4. Decorate your dorm to rival any haunted mansion.

Courtesy gifreakingjane.tumblr.com

5. Shrieks and cackles shouldn’t be Halloween’s only soundtrack. Make a rocking playlist that can wake the [un]dead.

Courtesy popsugar.com

6. Gather some Pinspiration to make a costume!

Courtesy frozensecond.tumblr.com

7. Then end up buying one because Pinterest expectations ≠ reality

Courtesy imglols.com

8. Bust out the horror flicks.

9. Map out your day-of route.

Courtesy shallowsprings.tumblr.com

10. Live through your own horror film at places like House of Horror Park, the HistoryMiami Cemetery Tour and Halloween Horror Nights. (Go behind the scenes of HHN Houses here.)

Courtesy faceoffdaily.tumblr.com

11. Carve a pumpkin. WARNING: This pumpkin may be too scary for the average reader.

Photo courtesy jakerzzzz.tumblr.com

12. Watch “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare before Christmas.” (Is it a Halloween movie? Is it a Christmas movie? Answer: Who cares? It’s great enough to be both.)

Courtesy francia2510.tumblr.com

13. EAT CANDY CORN.

Courtesy continuants.tumblr.com

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Miami's women's track and field team entered the top-15 in the latest edition of the NCAA ...

Junior righthander Andrew Cabezas was recognized with ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after an outsta ...

Hurricanes record their best round of tournament on Monday. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team highlighted its Senior Day with a 4-0 sweep against D ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...