Sports Briefs 10/23

VOLLEYBALL

After becoming the eighth player in school history to record 1,000 kills at the Georgia Tech game Sunday, senior outside hitter Savanah Leaf earned her second straight ACC Player of the Week. Leaf currently leads the ACC with 4.67 kills per set, which also brings her to the second highest total in the conference, 313. During her two weeks as reigning ACC POTW champ, the Hurricanes have boasted an undefeated 4-0 record – all in ACC play. Miami will travel to North Carolina this Friday to take on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons.

BASEBALL

Canes baseball coach Jim Morris revealed the 2015 schedule Tuesday. The reigning ACC Regular Season Champions will take on a 55-game schedule with 35 home games in Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

The Canes finished the 2014 season with a 44-19 overall record.

Along with the 30 ACC games, Miami will play non-conference in-state rivals Florida, FAU, FGCU,  UCF and others. Miami opens conference play with a trip to Louisville, an ACC newcomer.

Danny New

Welcome to Bulletin Board Material, the Miami Herald’s weekday roundup covering everything in the So ...

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

After a double-bye, the fourth-seeded and No. 15-ranked Miami women's tennis team begins ACC Ch ...

The Hurricanes will compete in the 54-hole Austin Regional at the University of Texas Golf Club from ...

The Hurricanes are headed to Fayetteville, Ark., to compete at the inaugural National Relay Champion ...

For the final time in his storied career, Miami head coach Jim Morris and his Hurricanes will make t ...

The Hurricanes fell behind in the middle innings and could not recover Wednesday, dropping a midweek ...