Community, Edge, Music

Coral Skies feeds festival fix

Music festival fans who are still thinking back longingly to the days of Coachella and Lollapalooza may want to consider checking out Coral Skies Music Festival this weekend.

The all-day festival features a 12-act lineup, art, food trucks and craft beer. It is being held in Tampa and West Palm Beach on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Though it might not get as wild as it does out in the California desert, Coral Skies is the perfect event for festival lovers to get their fill as they wait for Ultra to roll around again.

The event includes artists such as Cage the Elephant, City in Color, Bombay Bicycle Club and the festival’s newest addition: Manchester Orchestra. There are two stages at each location, ensuring constant entertainment.

Between acts, festival-goers are invited to peruse the art, which ranges from decor to tie dye to jewelry and accessories.

There is no shortage of food (or beer) options at the festival, either. In Tampa, food trucks include options such as barbecue, pizza and tacos. West Palm Beach offers gelato bars and frozen yogurt, as well as Middle Eastern food, Mexican fusion and several other types of cuisine. Even the University of Miami’s food truck favorite, Ms. Cheezious, will make an appearance.

Those who are of age can also enjoy a craft beer as they appreciate the art and enjoy the various musical performances.

Coral Skies has two locations: the MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre in Tampa on Saturday and the Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach on Sunday. The acts begin at noon on both days and run until 11 p.m., finishing the night with Cage the Elephant.

General admission tickets are $30. For more information, visit http://www.coralskiesfest.com.

Marlee Lisker

The Miami Hurricanes, still waiting for a starting quarterback to be named, are in the top 25 again. ...

Happy first day of school for everyone out there, including the University of Miami students. We jus ...