Sports, UBuzz

SportsLink: Miami Hurricanes around the Internet

Sports Editor Courtney Fiorini scoured the web to gather the best of what people are writing about Hurricanes sports online.

To no one’s surprise, this resulted in football, football and more football – with a small side of women’s basketball.

Here’s a look at the top 10 story links from last week.

1. Miami gives Women’s Basketball coach Katie Meier a contract to lead the team through 2021. Meier then turned around and donated $75,000 to support women’s sports at the university.

Associated Press on (Oct. 13)

2. “All those nights he had nothing, Jon Feliciano thought about football. He thought about the University of Miami, the only place he ever wanted to go to college. Somehow, he thought, I have to get there. Football will get me there.”

Andrea Adelson on (Oct. 13)

3. Bleacher Report takes a look at what adjustments Canes football needs to make before Thursday’s away game against Virginia Tech.

David Kenyon on Bleacher Report (Oct. 13)

4. Former Cane who was part of the 2001 National Championship speaks out about the state of the football program.

Michael Bradley on CaneInsider (Oct. 13)

5. Al Golden talks about the successful performance of sophomore cornerback Artie Burns against the Cincinnati Bearcats.

Susan Miller Degnan in The Miami Herald (Oct. 14)

6. “Johnson’s one of the hottest running backs in all of college football. This is most likely his last season as a Hurricane.”

Mike Bakas on CanesTime (Oct. 14)

7. “If University of Miami football penalties were parking tickets, the city of Coral Gables would be bringing in the bucks.”

8. “Among the most underrated stories this season in all of College Football, is the amazing efficiency with which Miami Hurricanes Senior WR Phillip Dorsett is producing HUGE plays in the UM passing game.”

Jerry Steinberg on State of the U (Oct. 15)

9. Even after the convincing win against Cincinnati, Canes coach Al Golden is still taking the heat.

Andrea Adelson on (Oct. 15) 

10. Canes freshman quarterback Brad Kaaya is putting up impressive numbers.

Christina De Nicola on FoxSports (Oct. 16)

Courtney Fiorini

Sophomore Bruce Brown announced Thursday that he has declared for the 2018 NBA Draft, the University ...

Lots of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday, with the second spring practice session set for Thursday mo ...

The battle for the University of Miami quarterback job began in earnest with the start of spring pra ...

A six-pack of UM notes from the first day of spring football on Tuesday: • UM’s first-team offensive ...

UM spring practice begins Tuesday with heavy focus on the quarterback, with N’Kosi Perry and Jarren ...

The Kislak Center opens, aims to advance new forms of scholarship and build bridges across the Unive ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s Miami-spiced book talk spotlighted the One Book, One U initiative. ...

As part of the “It’s On Us” initiative, the former vice president urged the UM community to help com ...

Haitian-born Henri Ford’s incredible journey to the deanship of the Miller School of Medicine. ...

Keeping a 30-year tradition, graduate students organize a fun-filled Hurricane Challenge for youngst ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek to continue its perfect record at home Frid ...

Amy Deem and the Hurricanes will travel to Los Angeles to compete at the Power 5 Trail Blazer Challe ...

The University of Miami baseball program will host its third annual 'Bark in the Park' gam ...

Miami sophomore guard declares for NBA Draft but will not hire agent. ...

In search of its fourth series win of the spring, the Miami Hurricanes host No. 24 Virginia from Mar ...