Sports Editor Courtney Fiorini scoured the web to gather the best of what people are writing about Hurricanes sports online.
To no one’s surprise, this resulted in football, football and more football – with a small side of women’s basketball.
Here’s a look at the top 10 story links from last week.
1. Miami gives Women’s Basketball coach Katie Meier a contract to lead the team through 2021. Meier then turned around and donated $75,000 to support women’s sports at the university.
2. “All those nights he had nothing, Jon Feliciano thought about football. He thought about the University of Miami, the only place he ever wanted to go to college. Somehow, he thought, I have to get there. Football will get me there.”
3. Bleacher Report takes a look at what adjustments Canes football needs to make before Thursday’s away game against Virginia Tech.
4. Former Cane who was part of the 2001 National Championship speaks out about the state of the football program.
5. Al Golden talks about the successful performance of sophomore cornerback Artie Burns against the Cincinnati Bearcats.
6. “Johnson’s one of the hottest running backs in all of college football. This is most likely his last season as a Hurricane.”
7. “If University of Miami football penalties were parking tickets, the city of Coral Gables would be bringing in the bucks.”
8. “Among the most underrated stories this season in all of College Football, is the amazing efficiency with which Miami Hurricanes Senior WR Phillip Dorsett is producing HUGE plays in the UM passing game.”
9. Even after the convincing win against Cincinnati, Canes coach Al Golden is still taking the heat.
10. Canes freshman quarterback Brad Kaaya is putting up impressive numbers.