Sports Briefs 10/16

Women’s Basketball

Head Coach Katie Meier’s contract has been extended through the 2021 season, but she will be giving some of that money right back.

The Duke alumna announced immediately after that she will donate $75,000 to the University of Miami’s woman’s athletics.

This is an effort to challenge South Florida and demonstrate support for female sports and the Hurricanes. So far, the school has already netted $500,000 in donations – including the single biggest gift in UM’s women’s sports history.

Coach Meier will continue her regime Nov. 14 at the Bank United Center against Oakland.

Volleyball

The Volleyball squad will play its annual “Dig Pink” match Friday at the Knight Sports Complex against Virginia Tech – almost a week after the football fans did the same.

This annual event raises awareness and shows support for curing breast cancer. T-shirts with the “Dig Pink” logo can be purchased at the game for $10. All proceeds go to the UM Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center.

Danny New may be emailed at dnew@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...