Fourth down for wings

For the rest of the season, whenever the Hurricanes play at Sun Life Stadium, UM students will receive promotions off campus.

Students will be able to get free wings at the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in the Shops at Sunset Place for every punt the Canes force on fourth downs during home football games.

Since there were six punts at Saturday’s Cincinnati game, students can get six free wings by showing their Cane Card and purchasing any drink Monday.

This promotion was first launched the day after the Duke University game held Sept. 27.

Lindy Sparby, director of marketing for UM Athletics, said the idea was created to “get students involved in the game and incentivize them to get loud for fourth downs.”

“Athletics Marketing came up with the idea, and we pitched it to Hurricane Sports Properties to see if we could find a sponsor for it,” she said.

The Duke game promotion was supposed to run until Monday, Sept. 29, but some students weren’t able to get their free wings.

“Five hundred students showed up on Sunday to redeem the wings,” Sparby said.

Although it was decided the offer would end Sunday due to the high turnout, some like freshman Rogelio Gonzalez had the opportunity Monday to redeem the offer.

Gonzalez believes the promotion was a good incentive for students to cheer on their Canes and thinks it would be a good idea to open it to the public.

“They should open it to all people and check that they bring their game day ticket,” he said.

Alina Zerpa

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

The latest edition of Quick Hits introduces middle blocker Bridget Wallenberger ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...