Fourth down for wings

For the rest of the season, whenever the Hurricanes play at Sun Life Stadium, UM students will receive promotions off campus.

Students will be able to get free wings at the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in the Shops at Sunset Place for every punt the Canes force on fourth downs during home football games.

Since there were six punts at Saturday’s Cincinnati game, students can get six free wings by showing their Cane Card and purchasing any drink Monday.

This promotion was first launched the day after the Duke University game held Sept. 27.

Lindy Sparby, director of marketing for UM Athletics, said the idea was created to “get students involved in the game and incentivize them to get loud for fourth downs.”

“Athletics Marketing came up with the idea, and we pitched it to Hurricane Sports Properties to see if we could find a sponsor for it,” she said.

The Duke game promotion was supposed to run until Monday, Sept. 29, but some students weren’t able to get their free wings.

“Five hundred students showed up on Sunday to redeem the wings,” Sparby said.

Although it was decided the offer would end Sunday due to the high turnout, some like freshman Rogelio Gonzalez had the opportunity Monday to redeem the offer.

Gonzalez believes the promotion was a good incentive for students to cheer on their Canes and thinks it would be a good idea to open it to the public.

“They should open it to all people and check that they bring their game day ticket,” he said.

Alina Zerpa

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...