Best of UMiami 2014, Edge, Featured

Best of UMiami 2014

The steps by Lake Osceola are the best on-campus hangout. Hallee Meltzer // Assistant Photo Editor

Miami is known for its vibrancy: the colorful people, picturesque destinations and dazzling nightlife. If you’re looking for the best bars, festivals or beaches to enjoy, then look no further than Best of UMiami – The Miami Hurricane’s guide to discovering new campus hangouts and the city that lies beyond UM’s perimeter.

As friends and family come into town for Family Weekend, and with Fall Break right around the corner, students will have plenty of opportunities to explore the city. The Miami Hurricane staff selected the top destinations in Miami. So chart your personal tour using Best of UMiami as your guide.

Check out our special Best of UMiami 2014 website here.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...