Best of UMiami 2014, Edge, Featured

Best of UMiami 2014

The steps by Lake Osceola are the best on-campus hangout. Hallee Meltzer // Assistant Photo Editor

Miami is known for its vibrancy: the colorful people, picturesque destinations and dazzling nightlife. If you’re looking for the best bars, festivals or beaches to enjoy, then look no further than Best of UMiami – The Miami Hurricane’s guide to discovering new campus hangouts and the city that lies beyond UM’s perimeter.

As friends and family come into town for Family Weekend, and with Fall Break right around the corner, students will have plenty of opportunities to explore the city. The Miami Hurricane staff selected the top destinations in Miami. So chart your personal tour using Best of UMiami as your guide.

Check out our special Best of UMiami 2014 website here.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...