Football, Sports

Yellow Jackets remain unbeaten, run all over Canes

Georgia Tech’s deep rushing attack was just too much.

The Yellow Jackets (5-0) rushed for 311 yards as they forced the Hurricanes back to a .500 record, 0-3 on the road.

Nine different Georgia Tech players combined for 65 carries, ultimately accumulating four touchdowns.

Duke Johnson also enjoyed a solid running effort (100 yards and a touchdown on 14 carries), but that was about it for the Miami offense.

After an opening-drive touchdown pass to fellow freshman Braxton Berrios, quarterback Brad Kaaya struggled in the second half and threw two costly interceptions in enemy territory – including one on the final drive in the end zone.

Kaaya still threw for 245 yards, but he failed to bring the Canes back late in the fourth after going down 28-17 after an eight-yard run by Georgia Tech running back Deon Hill.

The orange and green will head back to Miami Saturday to square off against Cincinnati (2-2).

Danny New

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Yellow Jackets remain unbeaten, run all over Canes”

1. Ed says:

Every year Miami loses 2 to 4 games
    What’s the problem they have the talent, no more excuses long life canes fan

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...