Football, Sports

Yellow Jackets remain unbeaten, run all over Canes

Georgia Tech’s deep rushing attack was just too much.

The Yellow Jackets (5-0) rushed for 311 yards as they forced the Hurricanes back to a .500 record, 0-3 on the road.

Nine different Georgia Tech players combined for 65 carries, ultimately accumulating four touchdowns.

Duke Johnson also enjoyed a solid running effort (100 yards and a touchdown on 14 carries), but that was about it for the Miami offense.

After an opening-drive touchdown pass to fellow freshman Braxton Berrios, quarterback Brad Kaaya struggled in the second half and threw two costly interceptions in enemy territory – including one on the final drive in the end zone.

Kaaya still threw for 245 yards, but he failed to bring the Canes back late in the fourth after going down 28-17 after an eight-yard run by Georgia Tech running back Deon Hill.

The orange and green will head back to Miami Saturday to square off against Cincinnati (2-2).

Danny New

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...