Edge, Television

‘Once Upon a Time’ features familiar ‘Frozen’ cast

It may only have been a year since “Frozen” warmed the hearts of children and adults alike, but we will get to see the princesses of Arendelle sooner than expected as they come to the set of Storybrooke in ABC’s “Once Upon a Time.”

“Once Upon a Time,” which is entering its fourth season, has been rejuvenated with the presence of the newest Disney princesses. Renowned for its taking old fairytales, such as Snow White, Peter Pan, and Rumpelstiltskin, and adding a twist, many fans worry about how the cast of Frozen. Will Elsa find a love? What about some musical numbers? And who exactly will be making an appearance in the upcoming season?

Fortunately, the creators of “Once Upon a Time,” Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis, have not been too stingy with some Frozen-related spoilers. In regards to finding a beau for Elsa, the Horowitz said, “We’re not planning to put Elsa on match.com. We’re more interested in what the movie explored, the relationship between sisters, and that relationship will be central to the story.” Addressing the hopes (or fears) of many fans, the Horowitz also divulged that there will not be a musical episode this season, saying, “We’ve never done a musical episode, and I don’t think the way we want to tell this story is to suddenly turn ‘Once Upon a Time’ into a musical.”

Finally, and rather importantly, which characters will get live-action interpretations on the show? Well, Olaf has been ruled out, which is really sad considering the comic relief and value he added to the movie. We will, however, be seeing real-life versions of Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Hans, and even Sven, the reindeer. Pabbie the Troll King will also join the cast, played by John Rhys-Davies (Gimli the dwarf from “The Lord of the Rings”). We do not know for sure if these characters will actually come to Storybrooke or if they will appear in flashbacks, though. Additionally, “Lost” actress Elizabeth Mitchell has been cast in a mysterious role on the show, making people wonder who exactly the antagonist of this season will be.

Of course, the season finale left many possible avenues for the show to travel in regards to that question. Regina, the former evil queen, had finally found her true love in Robin Hood, but that love will be put to the test as a result of an unexpected, last-minute twist. On the subject of love, Emma Swan and Captain Hook have finally provided Captain Swan shippers the best season finale moment they could have dreamed of. Adding to this love cycle is the youngest member of the cast, Snow White and Prince Charming’s newborn baby, Neal.

Esther Ponce De Leon

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...