Sports Brief 9.25.14

Volleyball

The Canes will square off against Notre Dame (3-8) 7 p.m. Friday in the Knight Sports Complex to officially kick off the ACC season. Miami finished its non-conference schedule 7-4, including a perfect 5-0 record at home.

Led by senior Savanah Leaf (163 kills) and freshman Haley Templeton (373 assists), the Canes will look to improve their 12-8 ACC record last season.

Miami will also travel to Durham, North Carolina to play Duke (8-3, 1-3 away) at 1 p.m. Sunday. The Canes were swept by the Blue Devils in two matches last season.

For more information about the upcoming ACC showdowns, visit themiamihurricane.com/section/sports.

Soccer

Miami (2-7) will take the pitch 7 p.m. Friday in Cobb Stadium to play against Syracuse (3-4-3). Miami will look to end its four-game losing streak by adding to Syracuse’s two game skid.

The Canes are 2-2 at home this year. This will begin Miami’s four-game home stretch against top ACC rivals Syracuse, Louisville, Florida State and Virginia Tech. Senior leader and goalie Emily Lillard has 36 saves this year, and will look to earn her third win of the year.

Danny New

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...