News Briefs 9/25

Hallee Meltzer // Assistant Photo Editor

Laquita Phillips, the Hurricane Productions graduate assistant, rides The Chili Pepper at the Rat Rodeo Wednesday. The Rathskeller Advisory Board (RAB) organized a Western-themed event that also featured a photo booth. Hallee Meltzer // Assistant Photo Editor

USpeak

USpeak Flash Fiction & Poetry open mic event, hosted by the national undergraduate literary journal of the University of Miami Department of English, “Mangrove,” will take place at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Wesley House. The event will include a performance from Miami poet Jose A. Villar-Portela. Attendees are welcome to read their work, play their music and listen to others’ art. For more information, visit miami.edu/uspeak.

U Got Consent?

Take a stand against sexual violence from 12 to 2 p.m. on Thursday at the Rock. The Yellow Rose Society will be collecting signatures as a pledge against sexual violence. There will be educational information on sexual consent in an effort to inform the campus and community on the topic and to encourage safety and prevention.

Russian Tea Party

Join your fellow Canes in the Eastern European Club and the Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) for a Russian dessert and tea party from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday in the Student Activities Center (SAC) Iron Arrow room.

Homecoming Concert Tickets 

This year, Hurricane Productions and the Concerts Committee are bringing Matt and Kim and Fabolous to campus as the homecoming concert performers. Tickets to the concert will be on sale from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. beginning Monday at the University Center ticket window. There are two types of tickets: general admission floor (GA Floor) and general admission seats (GA Seats). Floor tickets are available for students only. However, there are no chairs on the floor. Floor tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.

Emily Dabau may be contacted at edabau@themiamihurricane.com.

Emily Dabau

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Kellen Winslow II, Jon Beason and Lamar Thomas were among the football ...

Miami came up short in Game 1 of a doubleheader Saturday afternoon, falling to visiting Pitt, 3-0, a ...

Canes shoot 2-under on back nine; Weber third overall at 2-under 70. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will conclude its regular season Sunday with a home d ...

Kevin Arreaga smashed a school record in the men's hammer throw to lead the University of Miami ...