Edge, Featured, Music

Matt and Kim, Fabolous to headline Homecoming concert

photo

A representative from Hurricane Productions, alongside Sebastian the Ibis and the band B.Miles, announces the Homecoming concert headliners during Patio Jams Thursday. Ashley Martinez // Edge Editor

Matt And Kim and Fabolous will be headlining the 2014 Homecoming concert, Hurricane Productions (HP) announced Thursday at the UC Patio.

The concert will take place at 8 p.m. on Oct. 30. The first release of concert tickets will be on Sept. 29 in the University Center window.

Matt and Kim are an indie dance duo best known for the hit song “Daylight.” Fabolous is a hip-hop artist. Both acts are originally from Brooklyn, New York.

According to Clayton Kryvicky, concert chair for HP, the focus this year was to bring artists to campus who would represent the diverse music tastes of the student body.

“We really wanted to try to appeal to as many students as possible,” he said. “In the past, rap has been very popular, and it still is obviously today, but there are so many other students that are interested in other different genres.”

The concert will incorporate dance music and hip-hop styles in an effort to meet students’ interests.

Sophomore Christian Braven was expecting a bigger name for the reveal, but is still excited for Homecoming.

“I don’t think it’s on the same level as last year, because last year Big Sean was amazing,” she said. “Fabolous is good, but I thought he’s not on that level.”

Students can pick up one free ticket by showing their Cane Card. Faculty and alumni can pick up tickets two days later. The following week, if tickets are still available, students can pick up a second ticket for a friend.

Emily Dabau

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...