Featured, Football, Sports

UM suspends Hurricanes defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad

Muhammad // Courtesy of Hurricane Sports

The University of Miami has suspended Hurricanes’ No. 98 defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad.

“Al-Quadin Muhammad is not currently enrolled for the fall semester and will not be participating in athletics,” university spokesperson Margot Winick said.

The university defines suspension as “complete separation from the university.” As a result, Muhammad will no longer participate in football for the duration of his suspension.

Muhammad’s suspension is the result of an individual discipline case; therefore, details cannot be disclosed.

The university has not released any more information, but according to The Miami Herald, the suspension stemmed from a confrontation with his roommate, who was left with a broken nose.

Muhammad is a sophomore and four-star recruit from Irvington, New

Jersey. The 6-foot-4-inch, 245-pound reserve defensive end played in all 13 games in 2013 as a true freshman.

He totaled eight tackles total, seven solo tackles and two sacks. Both sacks occurred in the 77-7 win against Savannah State on Sept. 21, 2013 at home. Muhammad made two solo tackles against Louisville in the Russell Athletic Bowl.

Muhammad did not play in the first two games this season, retaining eligibility upon his return.

Courtney Fiorini

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...

‘Part-Time Junior’ Sculpts Her Way to a B.F.A. ...