Club/Intramural Sports, Soccer, Sports, Volleyball

Sports Briefs 9/11

Volleyball

The 4-2 Hurricanes Volleyball team is shipping off to the HotelRED Invitational in Madison, Wisconsin. The Canes will play Wisconsin at 8 p.m. on Friday, Ball State at 11 a.m. on Saturday and Missouri State at 6 p.m. on Saturday.

After taking 1-2 at the TCU Nike Invitational, winning their last game 3-0 against Prairie View on Saturday, the team hopes to continue with a sweep.

Against Prairie View, Senior Emani Sims led the Canes with 10 kills. Savanah Leaf and Kelsie Groot each had nine kills. Freshman Haley Templeton pitched in with 29 assists.

Soccer

The Hurricanes soccer squad (2-4) dropped an afternoon match against FAU (3-2-1) Sunday.

Sophomore Emily Auld tied up the game at 1-1 with her first goal of the season, but Owls defender Olivia Mbala revived their lead in the 63rd minute and never looked back. This concluded the Hurricanes homestand with a 2-2 record, and the team will now travel to Portland, Ore. Friday for the Nike Portland Invitational.

Intramural Sports

Students can now get Intramural sports information as quickly and easily as checking Facebook with the REC*IT College app for iOS and Android devices. REC*IT is free to download.

The app is being used by hundreds of schools across the country. It allows users to view schedules, standings, player stats, team rosters and more.

Team captains can host group chats with their players, RSVP for games and post team success to their social media pages though the app.

For more information, visit recitcollege.com

Courtney Fiorini may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Screenshot of REC*IT app // Courtesy REC*IT

Courtney Fiorini

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

The Canes wrapped up a stormy weekend at the NCAA East Preliminary with their final two qualifiers f ...

Miami native pulls name out of NBA Draft process. ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...