Blogs, Featured, Shalala, UBuzz

Top 10 Yik Yak Reactions to Shalala Stepping Down

President Donna E. Shalala announced Monday that she will be stepping down from her position as president of the University of Miami, and UM students have reacted on social media.

The Miami Hurricane staff has collected screenshots from Yik Yak of some of the wittiest reactions.

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.53.59 PM

yikyak1Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.54.04 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.48.24 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.51.12 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.50.46 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.56.23 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 2.59.26 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 3.09.55 PM

Read the news story: Donna E. Shalala will step down at school year’s end

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami women's track team kicked off the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships with a ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Hurricanes fell in their final road game of the season, 70-51, at Georgia Tech. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...