Featured, Football, Sports

Canes football renews Golden Panthers rivalry

Miami Hurricanes football agreed Friday to a renewal of the Florida International University rivalry, with games slated for 2018 and 2019.

The first game will be a home game for Miami played at Sun Life Stadium on Sept. 22, 2018. The second meeting will be held in November 2019. The venue has not been determined.

The FIU Golden Panthers have not played the Miami Hurricanes since 2007. Miami is 2-0 against FIU.

Their history includes a famous brawl between the Canes and Panthers that cleared the benches in 2006, which put the rivalry on the South Florida map.

During the game, 13 players were enacted and later 31 players from both schools were suspended for fighting.

The two teams may no longer compete on the field (although that will change come 2018), but they do compete for recruits.

The Golden Panthers lost their first game this season to Bethune-Cookman 14-12.

Courtney Fiorini

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Canes football renews Golden Panthers rivalry”

1. football says:

Many years ago, Net sports activities book betting was risky.
    The different types of defensive football positions are:.
    There are some excellent websites that offer live football matches,
    as well as live match scores, for one low price.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...