Sports Briefs 9/4

Sophomore Alexandra Damley-Strnad and Junior Giancarlo Falconi, members of the University of Miami's club sailing race team, sail across Lake Osceola on Wednesday in order to raise awareness for the club. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Sophomore Alexandra Damley-Strnad and Junior Giancarlo Falconi, members of the UM club sailing race team, sail across Lake Osceola on Wednesday in order to raise awareness for the club. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Football Game Buses

Seats on the buses can now be reserved online. All students should receive an email with the details. Buses will pick up students and their guests (if they have a guest ticket) at Stanford Circle. Buses will start leaving three hours before kickoff, and the last one will depart at the scheduled kickoff time. Only clear bags are permitted, and the buses will start returning to campus from the game at halftime.

Access the bus reservation form here.

Fun Life at Sun Life

Sun Life Stadium – where the Hurricane football team competes – is being renovated. By 2016, the stadium will have new lighting, seat cushions and an almost-entirely-covering roof. The $350-million-dollar plan is being paid for by Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, and the motivation for the improvements came from the NFL, which stated that Miami could not host another Super Bowl until the team’s stadium updated its features.

Danny New

Five years and two days after being fired as FIU’s football coach, at least one report declares form ...

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...