Edge, Featured, Food

Daily dosings of Miami Spice

Swine Hallee Meltzer // Assistant Photo Editor

Swine Southern Table & Bar Hallee Meltzer // Assistant Photo Editor

If your week needs a little more spice, visit the city’s top restaurants through Miami Spice — an event serving a fixed, three-course meal at a tasty $23 for lunch and $39 for dinner. These dishes bring the flavors of Miami’s finest restaurants into a student’s budget. 

So check out these suggestions for where to go during the week to experience succulent, signature dishes.

Sunday: L’echon Brasserie

For a Sunday brunch-inspired meal, head over to L’echon Brasserie in Miami Beach to experience breakfast staples with a French je ne sais quoi. Classics like a tart made of country ham and parmesan, a country pate with dijon vinaigrette and Croque Monsieur grace the menu. Indulge in a croissant bread pudding made with milk chocolate custard and peanut butter short bread; or if you’re feeling more traditional, the creme brulee. 

L’echon Brasserie is located at the Hilton Cabana Miami Beach 6261 Collins ave. Miami Beach Fl, 33140.

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-deals/miami-spice-month/miami-spice-menu?Program=Spice&Id=115961&Type=Lunch

Monday: Swine Southern Table & Bar

Mondays can be rough, so indulge in some Southern comfort food at Swine Southern Table & Bar. Explore down-home cooking Miami-style with deviled eggs, fried green tomatoes, and the Swine BLT sandwich crafted with pork belly pastrami, smoked swiss and special sauce. Then, sink your teeth into a hearty dessert: Triple Chocolate Texas Toast Bread Puddin’ served with coffee ice cream and smoked citrus. 

Swine Southern Table & Bar is located at 2415 ponce de leon blvd. coral gables fl, 33134.

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-deals/miami-spice-month/miami-spice-menu?Program=Spice&Id=111643&Type=Lunch

Tuesday: Bulla Gastrobar

Go beyond “Taco Tuesdays” at Bulla Gastrobar with authentic Spanish flavors: bunuelos de bacalao – codfish fritters – or a tortilla espanola – a traditional Spanish omlette – are the way to start off your fiesta. Then, choose from rich dishes like a pork loin covered in cumin and paprika, or pollo chilindron – grilled chicken breast, serrano ham, red pepper stew and steamed rice. 

Bulla Gastrobar is located at 2500 ponce de leon blvd. coral gables fl, 33134.

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-deals/miami-spice-month/miami-spice-menu?Program=Spice&Id=113942&Type=Lunch

Wednesday: Angelique Euro Cafe 

For a mid-week pick-me-up, try this cafe for their “Winesday Wednesday” specials. Savor European cuisine like bite-sized cheese souffles, escargot  in a white wine butter sauce, and bruschetta. Entrees feature bold flavors: Scottish salmon with capers and duck confit pasta in a light mascarpone sauce.

117 Miracle  Mile Coral Gables FL, 33134

Angelique Euro Cafe is located at 117 miracle mile coral gables fl, 33134.

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-deals/miami-spice-month/miami-spice-menu?Program=Spice&Id=106752&Type=Lunch

Thursday: Peacock Garden Cafe 

Pre-game your Grove night with a meal at Peacock Garden Cafe. The American restaurant’s Miami Spice menu is fresh and straightforward. Appetizers like prosciutto with pears, or lobster with mango and avocado, set the tone. The filet mignon entree is as good a deal as it gets. End your meal on a sweet note with the chocolate walnut brownie or strawberry shortcake.

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-deals/miami-spice-month/miami-spice-menu?Program=Spice&Id=109230&Type=Lunch

Friday: Toscana Divino 

At Toscana Divino in Mary Brickell Village, the three-course menu is fanciful: roasted rabbit, risotto with parmigiano reggiano and duck prosciutto, or a simple parpadelle pasta with porcini mushroom puree. Just in case you’re not salivating yet: carrot cake for dessert comes with cream cheese ice cream. Once you’re filled to the brim with Italian decadence, you’ll be ready for a night on the town in Brickell.

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-deals/miami-spice-month/miami-spice-menu?Program=Spice&Id=109783&Type=Lunch

Saturday: Il Mulino New York

On Saturday, grab lunch in South Beach at this New York import. The Italian trattoria is serving up ricotta meatballs as an appetizer. Entrees include gnocchi with tomato basil sauce, veal marsala with prosciutto and mushrooms, and salmon served over broccoli rabe. Try the tiramisu or Italian cheesecake with seasonal berries for dessert. Following your meal, you’ll want to amble around South Pointe Park at the new pier.  

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-deals/miami-spice-month/miami-spice-menu?Program=Spice&Id=28965&Type=Lunch

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Kellen Winslow II, Jon Beason and Lamar Thomas were among the football ...

Miami came up short in Game 1 of a doubleheader Saturday afternoon, falling to visiting Pitt, 3-0, a ...

Canes shoot 2-under on back nine; Weber third overall at 2-under 70. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will conclude its regular season Sunday with a home d ...

Kevin Arreaga smashed a school record in the men's hammer throw to lead the University of Miami ...