News briefs 8/25

Club Sports Expo

All 46 active clubs will be showcased at the Herbert Wellness Center and Intramural Fields from 6 to 8 p.m. on Monday. Students are welcome to walk around the building and outside to learn more about participating club sports and learn how to join or get more involved.

We Bleed Orange & Green

University of Miami’s Department of Athletics is hosting an open house from 6 to 7 p.m. on Friday at the Knight Sports Complex. The event will give new students an up-close look at UM athletics as well as a chance to interact with current UM student-athletes. There will be pizza and prizes followed by the soccer game at 7 p.m.

Canes After Dark

Canes Night Live  will be taking over the Student Activities Center from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Friday with Canes After Dark. The event will feature a luau theme to kick off the new year. There will be sand art, lei making, Pollo Tropical, smoothies, headband weaving, hui aloha dance performances and a photo booth.

Orientation Outreach

The Butler Center for Volunteer Service and Leadership Development will be hosting Orientation Outreach from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday. Students are invited to participate in community service throughout the city of Miami. Volunteering will take place at various non-profit organizations throughout the area. It is recommended to wear comfortable clothes and close-toed shoes; bring a pair of pants and long-sleeve shirt as well. Breakfast, lunch and a volunteer T-shirt will be provided. Volunteers will meet at the Rock. For more information, call 305-284-4483.

Emily Dabau may be emailed at edabau@themiamihurricane.com. 

Emily Dabau

The name conjures images of tranquil waters, lush palm trees and cool breezes. The faces conjure ima ...

A heap of preseason accolades are being showered daily on the University of Miami football players. ...

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

A classic good news/bad news scenerio arose for Miami Hurricanes football at the recent Atlantic Coa ...

The University of Miami football players are not the only ones getting preseason accolades. The guys ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...

RSS Error: WP HTTP Error: cURL error 56: Failure when receiving data from the peer