Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

UM Fall Intramural Sports

As the semester begins, students look around for ways to keep busy. There are a variety of organizations and activities all around campus to fit the diverse field of interests of the student body at the U. Intramural sports (IM) are a great way to stay active, get involved in sports, meet new people, and bond. The following sports will be available this semester. 

IM Offerings

Sign-up is at the Wellness Center. The following sports will be available this semester.

Flag Football

Seven-on-Seven Flag Football is one of the headliner sports for the Intramural program. This semester, there is an entry fee of $20 per team. The deadline to register is Sept. 3.

Volleyball

Volleyball is available during the semester and has an entry fee of $20. The deadline to sign up is Sept. 24.

Team Racquetball

Team Racquetball is offered on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the semester, and kicks off in October. The entry fee is $20 per team, and the deadline to sign up is Oct. 1.

Soccer

Soccer kicks off after the IM Football season ends. The entry fee for a team is $20 and the deadline is Oct. 8.

3-on-3 Basketball

Basketball games are played on the indoor and outdoor basketball courts at the Wellness Center. The entry fee for Basketball is $20, and the deadline to sign up is Oct. 8.

Tournaments and Special Events

League Sports are a huge part of Intramural, but there are Special Events that are thrown as well and fun to compete in. These events do not require as much time commitment as League Sports and have a wider spread.

For the 2014 fall semester, the events that are on schedule include the following:

Pre-Season Flag Football Tournament

This event will be done before the start of the Flag Football League season, and is an on-site event. The deadline to sign up is Sept. 3, and the entry fee is $20. The tournament itself is played on Sept. 5, at 3 p.m.

Punt/Pass/Kick
The Punt/Pass/Kick competition is free and done on site the week of Sept. 14.

Golf Scramble Tournament
Registration for this event is at the Wellness Center. The entry fee is $30, and the event is at Biltmore on Sept. 12 at 1 p.m.

Tennis Singles and Doubles
The deadline to sign up for this event is Sept. 10, and the fee is $5 per player, or $10 per team. The time of play is based on your schedule.

Table Tennis Singles Tournament
This free event takes place at the Wellness Center on Sept. 24, which is also the deadline to sign up.

Dodgeball Tournament

This event has a $10 entry fee, and is one of the later events. The deadline to sign up is on Oct. 22, and the tournament is played on Oct. 24 at 3 p.m.

Floor Hockey Tournament

The Floor Hockey Tournament has a $20 entry fee, and the deadline to sign up is Dec. 2, and the tournament itself takes place on Dec. 5 and 6.

XBOX 360 FIFA Tournament
This event is open to register at the Wellness Center, and is a free event. The deadline to sign up is Dec. 2, and the tournament itself takes place Dec. 3 at 6 p.m.

If there is any interest in any given sport or event, the office at the Wellness Center can answer them and take sign ups.

Edward Baffa