Community, Edge

Top events to attend on 4/20

You don’t have to be a stoner to be excited about 4/20. This year, 4/20 is also Easter Sunday, which means many people will be spending the day with their families.

For those not with family who are looking for something new to do this 4/20, there are many events going on all over the city. Whether you’re into going to concerts, the beach, sporting events or even bars, there’s an activity for you to enjoy. Be sure to check out The Miami Hurricane’s list of 4/20 events.

GRiZ at Grand Central

If you’re looking for someone in the EDM game that’s different from what you hear on the radio, then check out GRiZ. His funky beats and smooth sax makes this event one you don’t want to miss. As one of his stops on his The Power in Numbers Spring Tour 2014, the dubstep producer is bound to bring funky and danceable tunes such as “Dance with Me,” “Smash the Funk” and “Hard Times” to Grand Central.

The show is  open to ages 18+. Tickets are $15 and doors open at 10 p.m.

Grand Central is located on 697 N. Miami Ave., Miami, Fla.

Lincoln Road Farmers Market

What’s 4/20 without some green? Stop at the Lincoln Road Farmers Market after hitting the beach and pick up some locally grown organic fruits and vegetables. If you’re not looking for food, but want flowers and spices, then definitely stop by. You’ll be amazed at the variety of options the vendors have.

The Lincoln Road Farmers Market is located between Meridian and Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, Fla. It is open from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

UM vs. Notre Dame Baseball game

If you’re a sports fan go and root for the Canes baseball team (25-12.) Currently, the Canes are ranked No. 11 and this conference game is a great way to show support and school spirit. It’s also an excuse to pregame at Titanic across the street before you walk over to the stadium. The ‘Canes go against Notre Dame (14-21) at 7 p.m. at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

Tickets range from $10 to $20.

Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field is located on 6201 San Amaro Drive, Coral Gables, Fla.

Smoke ‘Em If You Got ‘Em 4/20 Show at Churchill’s Pub

Tired of hearing the same old songs? Are you done with EDM? If you’re in the mood for some metal to head bang to, check out Churchill’s. Local metal bands such as Vivid Illusion, Bullethorn and Kief Demon will all be in attendance.

The cover is $5  for 21+ and $10 for 18+. Doors open at 8 p.m. and the show runs from 9 p.m. until 3 a.m.

Churchill’s Pub is located on 5501 NE 2nd Ave., Miami, Fla.

Frank Malvar