SPORTS BRIEFS 4/17

women’s tennis

The women’s tennis team will play its final two home matches of the season this weekend at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Miami hosts Virginia Tech at 3 p.m. Friday, and on Sunday the Hurricanes are scheduled for a match against No. 9 Virginia at 1 p.m. The Canes will honor their seniors during Sunday’s match. The Hurricanes are ranked No. 15 in the nation with a 16-4 record (10-2 ACC).

track and field

Miami is competing in the 2014 ACC Outdoor Championships, which kick off Thursday in Chapel Hill, N.C.

Many of the track and field events featuring the Canes’ top competitors will be streaming live on theacc.com or ESPN3.

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com. 

Spencer Dandes

University of Miami running back Mark Walton was rolling — until he got rolled on, or stepped on. Wa ...

University of Miami safety Sheldrick Redwine got to wear the gaudy (but beautiful to Canes and their ...

For those concerned about the apparent on-field struggles of graduate transfer Dee Delaney, an All-A ...

This week’s Top 25 college-affiliated football polls, released Sunday afternoon, agreed on how to ta ...

A few quick thoughts (or second thoughts) after 14th-ranked UM’s 52-30 win against Toledo on Saturda ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

The University of Miami's football game at Florida State on Oct. 7 will kick off at 3:30 p.m. E ...

Walton rushes for career-high 204 yards and Rosier has four touchdowns in Miami's comeback vict ...

The University of Miami volleyball team outlasted Virginia, 3-2, in Atlantic Coast Conference action ...

Junior golfer Dewi Weber highlighted second round action for the University of Miami women's go ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming team wrapped up its opening weekend of competition at the All-Florida ...