SPORTS BRIEFS 4/17

women’s tennis

The women’s tennis team will play its final two home matches of the season this weekend at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Miami hosts Virginia Tech at 3 p.m. Friday, and on Sunday the Hurricanes are scheduled for a match against No. 9 Virginia at 1 p.m. The Canes will honor their seniors during Sunday’s match. The Hurricanes are ranked No. 15 in the nation with a 16-4 record (10-2 ACC).

track and field

Miami is competing in the 2014 ACC Outdoor Championships, which kick off Thursday in Chapel Hill, N.C.

Many of the track and field events featuring the Canes’ top competitors will be streaming live on theacc.com or ESPN3.

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com. 

Spencer Dandes

The University of Miami baseball team isn't used to straddling the fence when it comes to being ...

Now, all that’s left is the waiting. The University of Miami baseball team, fighting to extend its 4 ...

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

Some UM football nuggets on a Friday: • Evan Shirreffs is an amiable, well-mannered, studious young ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team forced a third set in the NCAA Singles ...

Inclement weather made them wait, but Ebony Morrison and a pair of University of Miami relay teams p ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team cemented her name in the record books S ...

Miami's run at the 2017 ACC Championship ended in the semifinals Saturday, as the sixth-seeded ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba posted a 6-4, 5-7, 6-1 victory over Mia Horvit Saturday, becoming the fourth ...