News Briefs 4/9

Art auction

Art for Kids will be hosting a silent art auction to raise funds for Miami Children’s Hospital from 7 to 10 p.m. on Friday in the SAC North and South Activities Room. The event will feature artwork, refreshments, food and music.

Adrenaline mania

Starting at 7:30 p.m. on Friday at the Wellness Center Main Gym, there will be inflatable games including adrenaline rush, pedestal joust, boxing ring, bungee run and triple play (basketball, soccer and football) for students to use free of charge.

Pride parade

SpectrUM, Prism, OUTLaw, MedicOUT and the LGBTQ Faculty Staff Network will be participating in the Miami Pride Parade 2014 with a customized UM float on Sunday. All members of the university community are invited to participate.  A bus will depart Stanford Circle at 10:30 a.m. and will leave South Beach at 3 p.m. For more information, contact j.marzano@umiami.edu.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com. 

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...