News Briefs 4/9

Art auction

Art for Kids will be hosting a silent art auction to raise funds for Miami Children’s Hospital from 7 to 10 p.m. on Friday in the SAC North and South Activities Room. The event will feature artwork, refreshments, food and music.

Adrenaline mania

Starting at 7:30 p.m. on Friday at the Wellness Center Main Gym, there will be inflatable games including adrenaline rush, pedestal joust, boxing ring, bungee run and triple play (basketball, soccer and football) for students to use free of charge.

Pride parade

SpectrUM, Prism, OUTLaw, MedicOUT and the LGBTQ Faculty Staff Network will be participating in the Miami Pride Parade 2014 with a customized UM float on Sunday. All members of the university community are invited to participate.  A bus will depart Stanford Circle at 10:30 a.m. and will leave South Beach at 3 p.m. For more information, contact j.marzano@umiami.edu.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com. 

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...