Sports briefs 4/7

Rowing

The Miami rowing team traveled to the San Diego Crew Classic and participated in the Women’s Collegiate Invitational last week.

The Canes took home a second-place finish in the 1V8+ race, its final competition. Gonzaga won the event. In the 2V8+ race, Miami’s crew finished sixth behind Gonzaga, Iowa, KSU, USD and Texas.

Next, Miami heads to Clemson, S.C. for the Tiger Invitational on April 19.

Baseball

The Hurricanes swept Virginia Tech on the road this weekend. Miami, ranked No. 24, extended its winning streak to eight games and will face Central Florida on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m., in Orlando.

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com. 

Spencer Dandes

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...