Sports briefs 4/7

Rowing

The Miami rowing team traveled to the San Diego Crew Classic and participated in the Women’s Collegiate Invitational last week.

The Canes took home a second-place finish in the 1V8+ race, its final competition. Gonzaga won the event. In the 2V8+ race, Miami’s crew finished sixth behind Gonzaga, Iowa, KSU, USD and Texas.

Next, Miami heads to Clemson, S.C. for the Tiger Invitational on April 19.

Baseball

The Hurricanes swept Virginia Tech on the road this weekend. Miami, ranked No. 24, extended its winning streak to eight games and will face Central Florida on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m., in Orlando.

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com. 

Spencer Dandes

The Miami Hurricanes are 2-0 when these two things happen: Michael Mediavilla starts, and Michael Bu ...

If Miami Hurricanes fans were hoping to hear that one quarterback charged forward with such authorit ...

The Florida State Seminoles came through in the clutch. The Miami Hurricanes did not. That pretty mu ...

The Jerry’s Pizza of Mark Richt’s youth is gone, but Fran’s Chicken Haven — “If the Colonel had our ...

Hey, Hurricane basketball fans, do you ever sit around and wonder whatever happened to Guillermo Dia ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

Junior Kristiana Yao is the first named at UM in the last 33 years. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team is set to play its final match of the regular season ...

Ebony Morrison & women's 4x100m won at Baylor, while Gabrielle Hesslau & Sean Grossman ...

Sunday's finale between the Miami Hurricanes and Florida State Seminoles (April 23) will be pla ...

The No. 39 Miami women's tennis team will play its final match of the regular season Sunday at ...

On a night when he connected for a grand slam against archrival Florida State in front of a sold-out ...