Photo

Sweat with Vets

First year MBA graduate student Aaron Hommerding, did five box jumps during an obstacle course challenge and individual fitness event called “Sweat with Vets," to help out homeless veterans.The event was sponsored by The University of Miami Veteran Students Organization VSO on April 2nd on the green. Mingyue Bao // Contributing Photographer

First-year MBA graduate student Aaron Hommerding did five box jumps during an obstacle course challenge and individual fitness event called “Sweat with Vets,” helping out homeless veterans. The event was sponsored by The University of Miami Veteran Students Organization VSO on April 2nd on the green. Mingyue Bao // Contributing Photographer

Sophomore Eric-Dillan Smith participated in the entire obstacle course which included crunches, push-ups, burpies, rowing machine, box jumps, tire lifts. Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Sophomore Eric-Dillan Smith participated in the entire obstacle course which included crunches, push-ups, burpies, rowing machine, box jumps and tire lifts. Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Junior Felix Perez student (left), and an engineering student Oliver Doggart (right), were targets for the grenade toss (water balloons were used in lieu of grenades). Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Junior Felix Perez (left), and an engineering student Oliver Doggart (right), were targets for the grenade toss. Water balloons were used in lieu of grenades. Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Junior Vinny Cianciaruso excercised on the seated row machine. The Veterans group competed against each other. Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Junior Vinny Cianciaruso exercised on the seated row machine. The Veterans group competed against each other. Yinghui Sun // Staff Photographer

Monica Herndon

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

Most of the University of Miami student body is on Summer break; but the Hurricanes football team is ...

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Five members of the University of Maimi track and field team advanced on Day 1 of the NCAA East Prel ...

No. 40 Estela Perez-Somarriba took down No. 27 Arianne Hartono of Ole Miss, 6-4, 6-3, Thursday morni ...

Jonathan Keller and Amanda Gale of the University of Miami track and field program were named to the ...

The University of Miami's Week 3 game at in-state rival Florida State on Sept. 16 will be telev ...

Due to inclement weather, the ACC Championship has adjusted the scheduled for games and Miami will n ...