Sports briefs 4/3

Football

The Hurricanes will play their second spring scrimmage on Friday at the Greentree Practice Field.

Miami’s first scrimmage took the team through redzone and two-minute offense drills. Senior Ryan Williams is in position to start next season at quarterback, according to coach Al Golden. Redshirt freshman Kevin Olsen took snaps behind Williams.

Though Friday’s workout is closed to the public and media, Miami has an open practice scheduled for 9 a.m. Tuesday.

The official Spring Game and related festivities will be held at 6 p.m. April 12 at Sun Life Stadium.

Men’s tennis

The men’s tennis team will attempt to rebound from two road losses this weekend.

Miami lost to Virginia and Virginia Tech, but returns home to face No. 13 Duke at 2 p.m. Friday, followed by No. 9 North Carolina at noon on  Sunday.

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com. 

Spencer Dandes

It was midweek when Miami leading receiver Braxton Berrios wistfully spoke of his four years as a Hu ...

Eli Rosier will be back where he belongs Saturday, where he feels most at home. He will be at a foot ...

The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball team remained undefeated with a 90-59 victory o ...

They remain undefeated — but still untested. The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball te ...

It has inspired T-shirts and a Migos-style hype song. Soon, fans will have a beer brewed in honor of ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...

Six Hurricanes were in double figures as the Hurricanes improved to 3-0 on the season. ...

The University of Miami diving team enjoyed a strong first day of competition at the University of T ...

For the fourth time in eight months, Kristina Fisher of the Miami soccer team is taking part in a U. ...