Sports briefs 4/3

Football

The Hurricanes will play their second spring scrimmage on Friday at the Greentree Practice Field.

Miami’s first scrimmage took the team through redzone and two-minute offense drills. Senior Ryan Williams is in position to start next season at quarterback, according to coach Al Golden. Redshirt freshman Kevin Olsen took snaps behind Williams.

Though Friday’s workout is closed to the public and media, Miami has an open practice scheduled for 9 a.m. Tuesday.

The official Spring Game and related festivities will be held at 6 p.m. April 12 at Sun Life Stadium.

Men’s tennis

The men’s tennis team will attempt to rebound from two road losses this weekend.

Miami lost to Virginia and Virginia Tech, but returns home to face No. 13 Duke at 2 p.m. Friday, followed by No. 9 North Carolina at noon on  Sunday.

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com. 

About Author

Spencer Dandes

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Yes, the Hurricanes’ uncertainty at quarterback has created some uneasiness, as Mark Richt told me r ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...

The University of Miami track and field program shined in a talented field at the Hurricane Collegia ...

Here's a daily look at what is taking place at Greentree ...

Miami tied for the most hits No. 8 North Carolina has allowed all season, but fell to the host Tar H ...

Miami travels to Louisville, Ky., Sunday at noon to face No. 34 Louisville at the Bass-Rudd Tennis C ...