(3/27) News briefs

April fools day

Canes Night Live and the Rat Advisory Board are hosting an April Fools Day event at 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Rat. The show will feature Brian B”Daht McLaughlin, a North Carolin radio station comedian and personality and other comedians. The show is titled The Freestyle Funny Comedy Show.

Creativity seminar

UM will host the first international seminar on innovation for content creation from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. next Thursday at the Cosford Cinema. Marlon Quintero, a television producer and content creator, will conduct the seminar. Guest panelists include Ligiah Villalobos, writer for the NBC show “ED,” and Eric Foster, a music producer for artists such as Britney Spears and Whitney Houston. For more information, email infoseminar@cicmedia.tv.

Law school playhouse

The School of Law’s Equity Playhouse will present its production “1L in Wonderland: Fairy Tales Gone Law School” at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Storer Auditorium. The play tells a law school story about final exams in the context of fairy tales. Tickets are required for admission. Student tickets cost $5, and general admission is $10. Tickets can be purchased at the School of Law courtyard near the brick wall. All ticket proceeds will be donated to Project Knucklehead and Hilarity for Charity.

Day of service

The Toppel Career Center will be hosting its first Day of Service from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Participants will include local employers, Toppel staff members and students. The group will travel to Key Biscayne for a beach clean up.  To RSVP, email alrodriguez@miami.edu.

Alexander Gonzalez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com. 

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...