Top tips and tunes for tidying up for spring

It’s that time of year again, when the rest of the country is experiencing a thaw and you haven’t seen your floor since before Christmas break. Even though we live in a place of endless summer, it’s time to do some spring cleaning – dorm style. Pretty soon, you’ll be packing up your things and moving out, so try to make this cleaning count. Trust us, it’ll save you time later.

To help keep your energy up during this year’s cleaning binge, The Miami Hurricane has created a playlist to take you through all the ins and outs of spring cleaning. So turn up the tunes and let’s get started.

“Dirty Laundry” Kelly Rowland 

Start by washing all of those clothes, rags, sheets and towels (not to mention dishes) that have piled up around your room.

“Peanut Butter Jelly Time” (Any remix will do)

Next is time to tackle the great unknown: your fridge and microwave. Throw out everything that is old and that you know you won’t eat. That means all the take-out containers and the half eaten pizza that’s been there since finals. Make your roommate do the same, then wipe down the inside and outside of both the fridge and the microwave. If you do this now, hopefully when move-out arrives they’ll still be clean. Or at least not quite as scary.

“Clean Sheets” The Descendents

While your clothes are in the washer, jam out to this old school tune and make your bed with fresh new sheets. Not only will it give your room a new look, but falling onto those fresh sheets after a long day of cleaning will feel so great, you’ll think you’re back in your bed from home.

Just kidding. But it will feel better.

“Cleaning Out my Closet” Eminem

Take Eminem’s advice and dig through your closet. If you have items of clothing you haven’t touched since move-in, it’s time to donate them, trash them (only if they’re in bad condition) or pack them up and send them back home. Don’t hold on to things you haven’t needed all year “just in case.” Chances are, if you’ve made it this far without them, you’ll last until May.

Throw it in the Bag” Fabulous

Go through your desk space and shelves and trash everything you don’t need. Close all your bottles and jars. Again – if the food is old, throw it out. Sort through papers, organize them by class and put them in folders. Or, realize that it’s time to part with last year’s chemistry notes and toss them. When this is finished, wipe everything down.

“Bye Bye Bye” ‘N Sync 

Last but not least, sweep the floors, vacuum your carpets and take out the trash. Voila! You’re finished. Say “bye bye” to the mess and “hello” to your newly cleaned room.

Nadijah Campbell

3 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Top tips and tunes for tidying up for spring”

1. Jolie says:

Hi i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anyplace, when i read this paragraph i thought i could also
    create comment due to this brilliant article.

2. Useful information. Fortunate me I discovered your web site by chance, and I’m shocked why this accident didn’t came about in advance! I bookmarked it.

3. Hi, just wanted to tell you, I enjoyed this post. It was practical. Keep on posting!

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...