Edge, Music

Conference features week of music madness

Spring break may be over, but fear not. Winter Music Conference is right around the corner. On its 29th consecutive year, the Winter Music Conference is a musical extravaganza that attracts over 100,000 visitors a year.

There are many events to choose from, whether it’s a club, pool party, lounge or even a yacht. Admission varies from a simple free RSVP to a wallet bruising table at LIV. The opportunity to experience so many different events and to see producers laying down their newest tracks is what makes this event such a unique musical experience.

The Miami Hurricane found five WMC events you won’t want to miss:

Bromance and Friends

Monday 

If you’re searching for a night filled with heavy techno music, look no further. The French producers take over Monday night at Grand Central for Bromance and Friends. Get lost in the beats from Bromance Records’ producers such as Brodinski, Gesaffelstein, Busy P, Club Cheval and others.

Grand Central is located at 697 N. Miami Ave. The event is 18+ from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tickets are $25.

Grand Central Launch Party

Tuesday

Join the Circus Records crew at the exclusive album launch party for the Grand Central, which is a 11-track compilation with Circus Records producers. They take over with a massive lineup including the Flux Pavilion, Doctor P, Cookie Monsta, Lets Be Friends, Mizuki and more surprise guests to be announced.

Located at Grand Central. The event is 18+ and is from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tickets for this event are available online for $30.

HARD Miami: Rump Shaker

Wednesday  

A night full of dancing, booty bass and booty in general is what the sold-out HARD Miami: Rump Shaker is. The event returns to Grand Central again with Boys Noize, Zeds Dead and RL Grime spinning. It’s recommended to stretch before the show so as not to not pull a muscle from the nonstop dancing you’ll do at this event.

Located at Grand Central. The event is 18+ and from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tickets for this event are sold out.

Fool’s Gold Records 

March 28 

What makes this event worth going to? A-Trak, Tchami, Destructo and Nick Catchdubs and other Fool’s Gold record producers spinning for free at Grand Central. A full WMC experience wouldn’t be complete without catching a Fool’s Gold Records event. Entrance is based on capacity, so don’t arrive too late.

Located at Grand Central. The event is 18+ and is from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. RSVP at foolsgoldrecs.com/miami.

UKF Pool Party

March 30

If you’re over 21 and don’t attend a pool party, then you aren’t experiencing WMC to its fullest. Pool parties on South Beach are a must. Don your flashiest bikini or nicest swim trunks for the UKF Pool Party and jam to drum and bass and dubstep. Dirtyphonics, Emalkay and Buku are just some of the producers spinning at the party.

The Clevelander Pool & Patio is located on 1020 Ocean Drive, Miami, Fla. The party is 21+ and is from noon to 10 p.m. Tickets are $25.

Frank Malvar

Randy Ableman has built something special with his Miami Hurricanes diving program. Here’s why: Ther ...

Two days after the University of Miami football team played its spring game, coach Mark Richt stayed ...

The University of Miami’s most anticipated Atlantic Coast Conference baseball series of the season e ...

The University of Miami announced Sunday evening that sophomore safety Jeff James, Jr., has parted w ...

UM’s 2018 recruiting class, already regarded as the best in the country, added two more gems over th ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

University of Miami men's tennis team is set to start ACC Championship play Wednesday in Rome, ...

Malcolm Grant plays for Tajfun Sentjur in Slovenia ...

The University of Miami Department of Athletics continued to earn high praise with its student-athle ...

The University of Miami men's tennis match against Virginia Tech has been cancelled due to heav ...

The series finale between Miami and Florida State at Mark Light Field was cancelled due to inclement ...