News Briefs 3/6

Spring Break Dining Hours 

University Center

The Food Court will remain closed on weekends. From March 10 to 14, Panda Express, Market Square, Sushi Maki and the Faculty club will be closed. Mango & Manny’s, Wendy’s and Nikos will be open these days until 4 p.m.

Lime will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on March 8 to 15, and from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on March 16. The C-Store will be open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. March 10 to 14.

Student Activities Center

In the Student Activities Center, M2O and Jamba Juice will be closed. Starbucks will be open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday and March 15.  From March 10 to 14, it will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Dining Halls

The Mahoney-Pearson and Hecht-Stanford Dining Halls will be closed from Saturday to Sunday, March 16.

Other Locations

Sebastian’s Cafe will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. from March 10 to14. Subway will be open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, and from 7:45 a.m. to 7 p.m. from March 10 to14.

Uragano, Oasis and Starbucks across from Richter and the Rathskellar will be closed.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com. 

Authors

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

The Miami Hurricanes are 2-0 when these two things happen: Michael Mediavilla starts, and Michael Bu ...

If Miami Hurricanes fans were hoping to hear that one quarterback charged forward with such authorit ...

The Florida State Seminoles came through in the clutch. The Miami Hurricanes did not. That pretty mu ...

The Jerry’s Pizza of Mark Richt’s youth is gone, but Fran’s Chicken Haven — “If the Colonel had our ...

Hey, Hurricane basketball fans, do you ever sit around and wonder whatever happened to Guillermo Dia ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

Junior Kristiana Yao is the first named at UM in the last 33 years. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team is set to play its final match of the regular season ...

Ebony Morrison & women's 4x100m won at Baylor, while Gabrielle Hesslau & Sean Grossman ...

Sunday's finale between the Miami Hurricanes and Florida State Seminoles (April 23) will be pla ...

The No. 39 Miami women's tennis team will play its final match of the regular season Sunday at ...

On a night when he connected for a grand slam against archrival Florida State in front of a sold-out ...