News Briefs 3/6

Spring Break Dining Hours 

University Center

The Food Court will remain closed on weekends. From March 10 to 14, Panda Express, Market Square, Sushi Maki and the Faculty club will be closed. Mango & Manny’s, Wendy’s and Nikos will be open these days until 4 p.m.

Lime will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on March 8 to 15, and from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on March 16. The C-Store will be open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. March 10 to 14.

Student Activities Center

In the Student Activities Center, M2O and Jamba Juice will be closed. Starbucks will be open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday and March 15.  From March 10 to 14, it will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Dining Halls

The Mahoney-Pearson and Hecht-Stanford Dining Halls will be closed from Saturday to Sunday, March 16.

Other Locations

Sebastian’s Cafe will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. from March 10 to14. Subway will be open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, and from 7:45 a.m. to 7 p.m. from March 10 to14.

Uragano, Oasis and Starbucks across from Richter and the Rathskellar will be closed.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com. 

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

If defense really does win championships, the University of Miami is in good shape. Despite giving u ...

This is the Miami Hurricanes team that finally solved its long hex in finally winning at Florida Sta ...

1. HURRICANES: No. 3 Canes beat Virginia in home finale: ACC title game, first 10-win season since 2 ...

The No. 2 Miami Hurricanes are kings at keeping their fans in a panicked state — then filling them w ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G10: Time again for the latest edition of the Canesfan Satisfaction Met ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

Miami dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in its first road game of the seaso ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...