News Briefs 3/6

Spring Break Dining Hours 

University Center

The Food Court will remain closed on weekends. From March 10 to 14, Panda Express, Market Square, Sushi Maki and the Faculty club will be closed. Mango & Manny’s, Wendy’s and Nikos will be open these days until 4 p.m.

Lime will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on March 8 to 15, and from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on March 16. The C-Store will be open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. March 10 to 14.

Student Activities Center

In the Student Activities Center, M2O and Jamba Juice will be closed. Starbucks will be open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday and March 15.  From March 10 to 14, it will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Dining Halls

The Mahoney-Pearson and Hecht-Stanford Dining Halls will be closed from Saturday to Sunday, March 16.

Other Locations

Sebastian’s Cafe will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. from March 10 to14. Subway will be open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, and from 7:45 a.m. to 7 p.m. from March 10 to14.

Uragano, Oasis and Starbucks across from Richter and the Rathskellar will be closed.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com. 

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

University of Miami running back Mark Walton was rolling — until he got rolled on, or stepped on. Wa ...

For those concerned about the apparent on-field struggles of graduate transfer Dee Delaney, an All-A ...

This week’s Top 25 college-affiliated football polls, released Sunday afternoon, agreed on how to ta ...

A few quick thoughts (or second thoughts) after 14th-ranked UM’s 52-30 win against Toledo on Saturda ...

Miami Hurricanes senior wide receiver Braxton Berrios sprinted — in a joyous frenzy — for about 30 y ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Walton rushes for career-high 204 yards and Rosier has four touchdowns in Miami's comeback vict ...

The University of Miami volleyball team outlasted Virginia, 3-2, in Atlantic Coast Conference action ...

Sunday, Sinead Lohan became the first person in Miami women's tennis history to win the singles ...

The Miami women's tennis team concluded its opening weekend of play Sunday on the final day of ...

The University of Miami swimming team continued its weekend at All-Florida Invitational at the Steph ...