Dear V

Dear V: My girlfriend wants British babes …

V,

My girlfriend admitted that she fantasizes about other people while we’re having sex. She told me that the action has gotten stale, and she imagines sleeping with celebrities. 

The weird part is that she is not into American stars like George Clooney or Leonardo DiCaprio. Instead she’s into the Brits like Benjamin Cumberbatch, Ralph Fiennes and Daniel Radcliffe. Her ultimate fantasy is to have a threesome with Cumberbatch and Radcliffe. She’s obsessed with these fandoms.

What do you think I should do? I really like her, but I don’t feel comfortable acting as a surrogate Potterhead.

Sincerely,

Can’t handle these Cumberbitches

Dear Every-guy-whose-girlfriend-has-a-Tumblr,

You’re going to have to build a big, fat bridge and get over it.

Honestly, if I were you I’d just have fun with it. Do you know the amount of leverage you can get over this girl if and when she makes you dress up like a boy wizard? The possibilities are endless. For example, have you ever had a Princess Leia/Jabba the Hutt fantasy? I’m sure you can get her to sport a metal bikini whenever it tickles your fancy just because she’ll owe you for the Sherlock/Potter fantasy.

Indulge in your deepest desires while at the same time playing into hers. It’s every guy’s dream to have a magical stick anyway,  so why not just make it a wand. I’m sure it’ll be more pleasurable than you think it will be, and let’s be real here – a little roleplay never hurt anybody.

If you really don’t feel comfortable with this to the point where it’s messing with your libido, then get rid of her. It’s not worth being with someone who doesn’t satisfy your needs, but demands you to satisfy theirs.

Or maybe, find a fantasy that you both like. Maybe it’s your calling as a couple to play the parts of dear Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Crawley, who took 100,000 years to get together and then he died … I’m not bitter. But that aside, maybe the upstairs/downstairs intrigue of “Downton Abbey” is something that the both of you could enjoy. She gets her English fix, and you get to stop thinking about being compared to The Boy Who Lived.

Though being that four-eyed little wizard nerd does have its upsides. After all, he was naked in front of an entire Broadway audience and became the fantasy of every teenage girl in America.

Think of yourself as Paul McCartney circa 1965 and you’ll be good to go. Channel that cheeky British humor and have at it.

Advice Columnist

The Miami Hurricanes are 2-0 when these two things happen: Michael Mediavilla starts, and Michael Bu ...

If Miami Hurricanes fans were hoping to hear that one quarterback charged forward with such authorit ...

The Florida State Seminoles came through in the clutch. The Miami Hurricanes did not. That pretty mu ...

The Jerry’s Pizza of Mark Richt’s youth is gone, but Fran’s Chicken Haven — “If the Colonel had our ...

Hey, Hurricane basketball fans, do you ever sit around and wonder whatever happened to Guillermo Dia ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

Junior Kristiana Yao is the first named at UM in the last 33 years. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team is set to play its final match of the regular season ...

Ebony Morrison & women's 4x100m won at Baylor, while Gabrielle Hesslau & Sean Grossman ...

Sunday's finale between the Miami Hurricanes and Florida State Seminoles (April 23) will be pla ...

The No. 39 Miami women's tennis team will play its final match of the regular season Sunday at ...

On a night when he connected for a grand slam against archrival Florida State in front of a sold-out ...