Dear V

Dear V: Tinder talk could turn turbulent …

V,

This weekend I got a little bit drunk and liked a bunch of guys on Tinder. Now, a few of them have been talking to me but I don’t know what to do. Should I pursue relationships with them, or is that just creepy? And is this considered online dating? I don’t want to be the girl that’s on eHarmony or whatever. Please help! 

Sincerely, 

If I were this popular in real life I’d be a full-on slut

Dear Sandra Bullock,

A little bit drunk? Let’s cut the crap here – you were probably rolling on the floor and cackling like a psycho for two and a half hours. And that’s fine, but take some responsibility for your actions and don’t pretend like you didn’t want to talk to those guys in the first place.

Having the app on your phone is like a sick little mind game that you play with yourself. Every night it’s, “will I go on it today or won’t I?” And those days when you decide that it’s not for you and you delete it, you get drunk and download it all over again … and then the cycle restarts.

As far as actually carrying out conversations and/or relationships with these guys, I’m not really sure. On the one hand, they could be awesome people and the relationship could be everything you’ve ever dreamed of. And on the other hand, they could be crazy, serial killer creepos who made Facebook profiles to scam college girls. You never know.

And let me just point out that Tinder and eHarmony are two very different things. You are not in your forties, nor are you really looking for a “long-term, lifelong relationship” that will become a meaningful part of your otherwise menial existence. You’re just a college student looking to get it. So chill out.

I think it’s worth hitting one of these guys up when you’re drunk at Moe’s this weekend, but that’s just me. I’m always a proponent of a little something something here and there.

Advice Columnist

The Miami Hurricanes are 2-0 when these two things happen: Michael Mediavilla starts, and Michael Bu ...

If Miami Hurricanes fans were hoping to hear that one quarterback charged forward with such authorit ...

The Florida State Seminoles came through in the clutch. The Miami Hurricanes did not. That pretty mu ...

The Jerry’s Pizza of Mark Richt’s youth is gone, but Fran’s Chicken Haven — “If the Colonel had our ...

Hey, Hurricane basketball fans, do you ever sit around and wonder whatever happened to Guillermo Dia ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

Junior Kristiana Yao is the first named at UM in the last 33 years. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team is set to play its final match of the regular season ...

Ebony Morrison & women's 4x100m won at Baylor, while Gabrielle Hesslau & Sean Grossman ...

Sunday's finale between the Miami Hurricanes and Florida State Seminoles (April 23) will be pla ...

The No. 39 Miami women's tennis team will play its final match of the regular season Sunday at ...

On a night when he connected for a grand slam against archrival Florida State in front of a sold-out ...