Dear V

Dear V: Tinder talk could turn turbulent …

V,

This weekend I got a little bit drunk and liked a bunch of guys on Tinder. Now, a few of them have been talking to me but I don’t know what to do. Should I pursue relationships with them, or is that just creepy? And is this considered online dating? I don’t want to be the girl that’s on eHarmony or whatever. Please help! 

Sincerely, 

If I were this popular in real life I’d be a full-on slut

Dear Sandra Bullock,

A little bit drunk? Let’s cut the crap here – you were probably rolling on the floor and cackling like a psycho for two and a half hours. And that’s fine, but take some responsibility for your actions and don’t pretend like you didn’t want to talk to those guys in the first place.

Having the app on your phone is like a sick little mind game that you play with yourself. Every night it’s, “will I go on it today or won’t I?” And those days when you decide that it’s not for you and you delete it, you get drunk and download it all over again … and then the cycle restarts.

As far as actually carrying out conversations and/or relationships with these guys, I’m not really sure. On the one hand, they could be awesome people and the relationship could be everything you’ve ever dreamed of. And on the other hand, they could be crazy, serial killer creepos who made Facebook profiles to scam college girls. You never know.

And let me just point out that Tinder and eHarmony are two very different things. You are not in your forties, nor are you really looking for a “long-term, lifelong relationship” that will become a meaningful part of your otherwise menial existence. You’re just a college student looking to get it. So chill out.

I think it’s worth hitting one of these guys up when you’re drunk at Moe’s this weekend, but that’s just me. I’m always a proponent of a little something something here and there.

Advice Columnist

The University of Miami baseball team isn’t used to straddling the fence when it comes to being invi ...

Now, all that’s left is the waiting. The University of Miami baseball team, fighting to extend its 4 ...

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

Some UM football nuggets on a Friday: • Evan Shirreffs is an amiable, well-mannered, studious young ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team forced a third set in the NCAA Singles ...

Inclement weather made them wait, but Ebony Morrison and a pair of University of Miami relay teams p ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team cemented her name in the record books S ...

Miami's run at the 2017 ACC Championship ended in the semifinals Saturday, as the sixth-seeded ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba posted a 6-4, 5-7, 6-1 victory over Mia Horvit Saturday, becoming the fourth ...