News Briefs 2/24

Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton, former United States Secretary of State and former U.S. Senator from New York, will visit the University of Miami Wednesday at the BankUnited Center. Her keynote remarks will begin at 8:30 p.m. Tickets to the event are still available at the University Center ticket window. Only one ticket is allowed per valid Cane Card. The Miami Hurricane will be live tweeting throughout Clinton’s visit, using the hashtag “#HillaryVisitsUM.” Highlights from the event will also be featured on the Hurricane’s multimedia page, themiamihurricane.com/tmhtv.

Greek Week

Greek Week began Sunday with opening ceremonies. As part of Greek Week, the annual blood drive will take place Monday to Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the Student Activities Center ballrooms. Philanthropy Day will take place Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Rock. The God and Goddess event will be Wednesday from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the UC Patio.

Safe Spring Break

PIER 21 will be presenting Safe Spring Break programs from noon to 2 p.m. Monday to Thursday at the Rock. The events will focus on topics such as personal and highway safety, alcohol, impaired driving, sleep and sun safety. The theme will be “Check Yourself before You Wreck Yourself.”

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com. 

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

That nation-leading, 44-year NCAA tournament streak is not over yet. One swing of the bat on Saturda ...

View photos from the Virginia Tech at Miami Saturday, May 20, 20017, in Coral Galbes, Fla. … Click t ...

Here was a man who they aspired to be. Here was a millionaire. A local legend. An NFL star. A man wh ...

The Miami Hurricanes, fueled by exceptional pitching in both ends of a doubleheader, refuse to surre ...

Miles Wilson has narrowed his choices to Miami and Auburn, and will announce his decision after visi ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

The University of Miami welcomed nearly 3,800 new graduates into the UM alumni family during six cer ...

Speakers urge UM’s graduating students to use their skills and talents to make a difference. ...

Thursday’s graduate degree ceremony was the largest in UM history ...

The No. 13-ranked University of Miami women's golf team had a 13-stroke improvement on Day 2 at ...

Game times have been set for the 2017 Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship, and sixth-see ...

The University of Miami women's golf team waited around for nearly three hours to begin Day 2 c ...

Edgar Michelangeli capped the regular season with a walk-off, three-run home run, as Miami earned it ...

The No. 13-ranked University of Miami women's golf team opened competition Friday at the NCAA C ...