Basketball, Sports

Canes beat Notre Dame for first home ACC win of season

Senior Erik Swoope prepares to shoot a free throw during the men's basketball game against Notre Dame on Wednesday night. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Senior Erik Swoope prepares to shoot a free throw during the men’s basketball game against Notre Dame on Wednesday night. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Rion Brown scored 21 points, added 11 rebounds and five assists to lead Miami over Notre Dame on Wednesday night.

The senior guided the Canes to their first home conference victory of the season. Miami (13-13, 4-9 ACC) was 0-6 at the BankUnited Center against ACC opponents prior to the 71-64 win.

Midway through the first half, the Hurricanes engineered a 13-0 run, after which Miami never trailed. The loss dropped Notre Dame – playing its first season in the ACC – to 14-13 (5-9 ACC).

Garrius Adams scored 14 points for Miami, and Davon Reed added 12.

The Fighting Irish are 10th in the conference standings, with the Canes right behind them in 11th place.

Miami returns to the BankUnited center to face Boston College at noon on Saturday.

Spencer Dandes

The name conjures images of tranquil waters, lush palm trees and cool breezes. The faces conjure ima ...

A heap of preseason accolades are being showered daily on the University of Miami football players. ...

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

A classic good news/bad news scenerio arose for Miami Hurricanes football at the recent Atlantic Coa ...

The University of Miami football players are not the only ones getting preseason accolades. The guys ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...