A 60-minute dance workout, “Sassy Sweat” will take place from 9 to 10 p.m. on Tuesday, in Multi-D at the Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center. This program is only for women and is on a first-come, first served basis.
9th Century Shipwreck
Victor Mair will be hosting a public lecture at the Lowe Art Museum, “A 9th Century Shipwreck and its implications for the History of Tea” on Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. The lecture will be about a shipwreck from around 830 A.D. that provided the most significant collection of archaeologically recovered materials from the Tang Dynasty.
Students can take their yearbook photos at the UC Lower Lounge from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Portraits for freshmen, sophomores and juniors are free, and appointments are not required. Graduating seniors need to sign up online at ibisyearbook.com/senior-portraits. Walk-in appointments for underclassmen are welcome. For more information, call 305-284-2005.
Student Government Elections
Student Government (SG) elections will begin on Monday and continue through Wednesday. Polling stations will be available in the University Center Breezeway and any undergraduate student can vote via any computer, tablet or smartphone through the Student Government Elections OrgSync portal from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
1. To access the SG Elections Orgsync portal, visit orgsync.com/81696/forms.
2. Students must log in with their CaneID and will then see up to three ballots: one ballot for Executive candidates and one or two ballots for Senate seats a student is eligible to vote for.
3. Click on the Executive ballot and follow the prompts to enter a vote.
4. Click submit to record the vote.
5. Click on the “Forms” link found on the left of the screen to the other ballots.
6. Complete all remaining ballots.
For more information, email email@example.com.
Ashley Martinez may be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.