Dear V

Dear V: I’m falling for my stepsister …

V,

My dad remarried three years ago, and my stepmom has a hot daughter. I found out she is coming to UM next fall as a freshman. I don’t know what to do. Should I avoid her? Should I pretend I don’t imagine us having sex?

Love Not Actually

Dear Karen Smith,

While I can understand the allure of a younger mate, you should set your sights on someone who won’t be sitting across the table from you at Thanksgiving dinners.

Let’s visualize this situation for a moment: You get with her, and it’s awesome so you keep doing it. It’s tons of fun, because let’s face it, anything that’s even slightly illicit seems fun. It’s all very exciting and erotic, and you play footsie during your weekly family dinners.

But then your parents find out. And then what happens? I’ll tell you: Your parents get really freaked out and look at you like you’re aliens. They will tell you that you should move to Podunk, Ky., because who marries their sister in Miami?

You then go on to answer that you’re not getting married; you’re just having fun. They later freak out some more because ew, you’re their children. It’ll just end up being a sh*t show.

However, I do think it’s worth giving into temptation. We’re all entitled to our guilty pleasures every now and then.

Show her around town and hang out with her. Maybe being with her for prolonged periods of time and in social settings makes you realize how annoying she actually is. Or maybe you’ll just fall madly in love with her.

Just play it by ear. If you need a reference on stepbrother/sister relationships, check out some Italian films. Those crazy Europeans are chock full of racy information.

Advice Columnist

Friday’s NFL drought became Saturday’s downpour for the University of Miami. Eight Miami Hurricanes ...

Cornerback Corn Elder’s career highlight is a play that will forever be ingrained in college footbal ...

Safety Rayshawn Jenkins is now a Los Angeles Charger. Jenkins, who grew up in St. Petersburg, became ...

The University of Miami celebrated on Thursday night with an NFL Draft first-round pick for the thir ...

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

The University of Miami football program had nine former players selected in the 2017 NFL Draft in P ...

Miami Hurricanes fullback Marquez Williams was selected with the 240th overall pick by the Jacksonvi ...

Miami Hurricanes cornerback Adrian Colbert was selected with the 229th overall pick by the San Franc ...

Miami Hurricanes wide receiver Stacy Coley was selected with the 219th overall pick by the Minnesota ...

Miami Hurricanes quarterback Brad Kaaya was selected with the 215th overall pick by the Detroit Lion ...