Songs to tune up the day

For the people who still believe in romance and have someone who shares that optimism, Valentine’s Day might be the best day of the year. Others would rather not leave the house to avoid the cheaply marketed, artificially sweetened, madness-inducing illusions of love. If you’re sailing through the tunnel of love or binging on Netflix and chalky conversation hearts, music is a faithful companion. Check out these tracks guaranteed to help liven up Valentine’s Day – regardless of your relationship status.

For Singles:

1. Make Out- Maybe I’m The One (For Me)

2. Destiny’s Child- Independent Women Part1

3. Lauryn Hill feat. Mary J Blige- I Used to Love Him

4. Jay-Z- 99 Problems

5. Robyn- Dancing On My Own

6. India Shawn- I’m Alive

It’s Complicated:

1. Rico Love- They Don’t Know

2. Nirvana- Where Did You Sleep Last Night?

3. Biz Markie- Just A Friend

4. Fiona Apple- Criminal

5. The Virgins- One Week Of Danger

6. Speedy Ortiz- Suck Buddies

For Couples:

1. Maroon 5- Let’s Stay Together (Al Green cover)

2. Rhye- Open

3. Chairlift- I Belong In Your Arms

4. Joss Stone- Fell In Love With A Boy

5. Corinne Bailey Rae- I Wanna Be Your Lover (Prince cover)

6. MS MR- BTSK

7. Mazzy Star- Fade Into You

8. Beyonce- Partition

Gabriella Hirsch

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...