Songs to tune up the day

For the people who still believe in romance and have someone who shares that optimism, Valentine’s Day might be the best day of the year. Others would rather not leave the house to avoid the cheaply marketed, artificially sweetened, madness-inducing illusions of love. If you’re sailing through the tunnel of love or binging on Netflix and chalky conversation hearts, music is a faithful companion. Check out these tracks guaranteed to help liven up Valentine’s Day – regardless of your relationship status.

For Singles:

1. Make Out- Maybe I’m The One (For Me)

2. Destiny’s Child- Independent Women Part1

3. Lauryn Hill feat. Mary J Blige- I Used to Love Him

4. Jay-Z- 99 Problems

5. Robyn- Dancing On My Own

6. India Shawn- I’m Alive

It’s Complicated:

1. Rico Love- They Don’t Know

2. Nirvana- Where Did You Sleep Last Night?

3. Biz Markie- Just A Friend

4. Fiona Apple- Criminal

5. The Virgins- One Week Of Danger

6. Speedy Ortiz- Suck Buddies

For Couples:

1. Maroon 5- Let’s Stay Together (Al Green cover)

2. Rhye- Open

3. Chairlift- I Belong In Your Arms

4. Joss Stone- Fell In Love With A Boy

5. Corinne Bailey Rae- I Wanna Be Your Lover (Prince cover)

7. Mazzy Star- Fade Into You

8. Beyonce- Partition

Gabriella Hirsch

Sophomore Bruce Brown announced Thursday that he has declared for the 2018 NBA Draft, the University ...

Lots of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday, with the second spring practice session set for Thursday mo ...

The battle for the University of Miami quarterback job began in earnest with the start of spring pra ...

A six-pack of UM notes from the first day of spring football on Tuesday: • UM’s first-team offensive ...

UM spring practice begins Tuesday with heavy focus on the quarterback, with N’Kosi Perry and Jarren ...

The Kislak Center opens, aims to advance new forms of scholarship and build bridges across the Unive ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s Miami-spiced book talk spotlighted the One Book, One U initiative. ...

As part of the “It’s On Us” initiative, the former vice president urged the UM community to help com ...

Haitian-born Henri Ford’s incredible journey to the deanship of the Miller School of Medicine. ...

Keeping a 30-year tradition, graduate students organize a fun-filled Hurricane Challenge for youngst ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek to continue its perfect record at home Frid ...

Amy Deem and the Hurricanes will travel to Los Angeles to compete at the Power 5 Trail Blazer Challe ...

The University of Miami baseball program will host its third annual 'Bark in the Park' gam ...

Miami sophomore guard declares for NBA Draft but will not hire agent. ...

In search of its fourth series win of the spring, the Miami Hurricanes host No. 24 Virginia from Mar ...