Songs to tune up the day

For the people who still believe in romance and have someone who shares that optimism, Valentine’s Day might be the best day of the year. Others would rather not leave the house to avoid the cheaply marketed, artificially sweetened, madness-inducing illusions of love. If you’re sailing through the tunnel of love or binging on Netflix and chalky conversation hearts, music is a faithful companion. Check out these tracks guaranteed to help liven up Valentine’s Day – regardless of your relationship status.

For Singles:

1. Make Out- Maybe I’m The One (For Me)

2. Destiny’s Child- Independent Women Part1

3. Lauryn Hill feat. Mary J Blige- I Used to Love Him

4. Jay-Z- 99 Problems

5. Robyn- Dancing On My Own

6. India Shawn- I’m Alive

It’s Complicated:

1. Rico Love- They Don’t Know

2. Nirvana- Where Did You Sleep Last Night?

3. Biz Markie- Just A Friend

4. Fiona Apple- Criminal

5. The Virgins- One Week Of Danger

6. Speedy Ortiz- Suck Buddies

For Couples:

1. Maroon 5- Let’s Stay Together (Al Green cover)

2. Rhye- Open

3. Chairlift- I Belong In Your Arms

4. Joss Stone- Fell In Love With A Boy

5. Corinne Bailey Rae- I Wanna Be Your Lover (Prince cover)

6. MS MR- BTSK

7. Mazzy Star- Fade Into You

8. Beyonce- Partition

Gabriella Hirsch

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

When Edgar Michelangeli stepped up to bat on Saturday, there was pressure. So much pressure. There w ...

On a day when the newest University of Miami football players – including heralded prep quarterback ...

How much does 44 years of history weigh? That is what these Miami Hurricanes baseball players carry ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

The University of Miami welcomed nearly 3,800 new graduates into the UM alumni family during six cer ...

Speakers urge UM’s graduating students to use their skills and talents to make a difference. ...

Joe Gomez drove in the winning run after Andrew Cabezas pitched 6.1 no-hit innings of relief. ...

University of Miami women's golf sophomore Dewi Weber was selected as a Second Team All-America ...

Miami's Estela Perez-Somarriba will take on No. 64 Ana Oparenovic Wednesday at 8 a.m., while Si ...

Dee Delaney is eligible to play immediately as a graduate transfer from The Citadel, where he was na ...

Joe Gomez played the role of Hurricane hero Tuesday , lifting sixth-seeded Miami to a 6-5 win over 1 ...