Edge, Fashion

Fashion to fit any emergency

Every girl knows the feeling of being hours away from a date with nothing to wear.  A date is about more than just how you look, but you might need to feel good about your outfit to be confident during the date. The Miami Hurricane has put together a list of the top five stores to check out during those date night outfit emergencies.

Anthropologie

Located both in the Village of Merrick Park and at the Dadeland Mall, Anthropologie can be somewhat pricey, but it is always worth it. The store is known for its natural tones and copious amounts of dainty bows and frills.  We especially love the tailored silk dresses because they look good on almost anyone and can easily be paired with a cotton sweater and sandals, or a blazer and wedges. The best thing about this store is its accessories. Go to Anthropologie to find little trinkets like pins and necklaces that can elevate an otherwise drab outfit into something date-worthy.

Bebe

This store is also found in Merrick Park and at the Dadeland Mall. This is the place to find sophisticated silk halter tops, colored skinny jeans and, of course, that little black dress. An outfit from Bebe is reasonably priced and perfect for the city chic Miami girl to wear to a dinner date at a fancy restaurant.

Francesca’s Collection

Even though this store has only one location near UM in Merrick Park, it’s completely worth the trip. This scenic boutique always uses quality fabric at a relatively inexpensive price; you can get a whole outfit for under $100.  It’s a cheaper and trendier version of Anthropologie, but quality isn’t sacrificed. Our seasonal favorites are the strapless brocade dress, the embroidered peasant top – in a deep blue or white – and the sequined skirts that Francesca’s is known for.

J. Crew

Also located at the Village of Merrick Park and at Dadeland, J. Crew is a definite stop for the preppier girl. The prices are more expensive, but these items are classic and can be worn again and again. Our favorite pieces are the sleeveless floral halter top, the stretch cotton pants and the pleated silk dress.

American Eagle

Located in Sunset place, American Eagle is the perfect place to find girly dresses and skirts that are still casual. If you have a dinner date at an informal restaurant, we definitely recommend stopping here. Our favorites of the season are the mesh halter dress (in either light pink or cream) and the crochet crinkle tank. This is also the perfect place to get cheap accessories like infinity scarves, aviator glasses, informal chandelier earrings and long statement necklaces.

Alexandra DiBacco

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Syracuse to record their 750th all-ti ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...