Dear V

Dear V: Too tipsy on the dance floor …

V,

I fell on the dance floor at a frat party. I can’t remember much from that night, but I do remember him. He helped me up, and I could not imagine anyone more attractive. I was caught off guard, and he took me to a nearby chair. We started flirting. Both of us were drunk, which meant that talking was out of the question. But hooking up was not. We made out for a while until my friend told me it was time to leave. We kissed on top of the car, and then I said “I love you.” At the time, I didn’t realize what an idiot I made of myself. I like this guy, but I don’t want to seem crazy. What should I do?

Crazy in Love

Dear Beyonce,

That night, you not only wore your new, cute (and disposable) Forever 21 dress, but also tried on a new set of beer goggles. Beer goggles distort your perception to such an extent that frat parties become as fancy as Gatsby’s shindig or an after-Oscars party.

You could have fallen in love with the grimiest of frat royalty. You could have also ended up as the inspiration for a “Law and Order: Special Victims Unit” episode. I expect you’d survive at the end.

Alas, you think you found your prince charming, so we’ll go with your version of the story.

Wearing your beer goggles has its advantages. Under the force of foamy, cheap beer, you’re more likely to tell the truth without having to worry about Trish making fun of any extra Nutella weight you may have put on during winter break.

Saying “I love you” is not the end of the world. In fact, you’ve skipped some of the unimportant steps before getting to that point. Love at first sight can be a real thing. You didn’t care where this frat bro came from; it’s an unadulterated attraction that might make for a good reality show on E! or MTV.

Think about the tell-all book you’re going to publish when you’re 40 with three kids. The headlines will read “Sparkling housewife finds love at first sight.” After a few appearances on the “Today Show” and “Good Morning America,” you will be well on your way to a spot on coveted daytime talk shows. Look out, Whoopi!

So don’t stress over a small Freudian slip. See it as a good career move and getting a head start on the competition.

As Sasha Fierce once said, if you like it, then you should’ve put a ring on it.

Advice Columnist

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

The night after FIU gave away a game to the University of Miami with a ninth-inning passed ball that ...

Redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison left the University of Miami football program on Tuesday. ...

Closer Frankie Bartow stared into the Panthers’ dugout immediately after fanning the final batter of ...

Go ahead. Try telling former University of Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya that his critics say he gets ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Images from @CanesMensTennis match against Duke. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team came up short against No. 34 Duke University, 4-1, Th ...

Images from @CanesMensTennis win over Boston College. ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team were both among the ni ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's tennis team is set to open ACC Championship play Friday afterno ...