V's Take

Dear V: Nice guys finish without me …

V,

There’s a guy that I’ve been friends with for a long time who has always had a thing for me. He’s always there for me and he tells me I’m beautiful on a daily basis. I’ve been hesitant about being with him because he doesn’t rank too highly in the looks department, but I always thought that we could be something in the future. Anyway, the other day I found out that there’s some girl he’s been seeing and she’s even slept in his apartment a few times. What do I do? Should this make me forget about him? Is our future over? Ugh.

Even the nice guy is a douche

Dear John Tucker,

The poor guy has been waiting for you for God knows how long. Do you blame him for wanting to get some action with some chick he met at the bar? Because I sure as hell don’t.

You can’t just keep men lined up waiting for you. They have their own desires and needs that they need to satisfy and they’ll do that with or without you.

Have you been completely celibate since you’ve known him? Have there not been guys sleeping in your apartment too? I don’t mean to put you on blast here, but let’s be real – no one can survive loneliness for that long. You could have at least thrown the guy a bone and let him bone you. Then you’d have more reason to be pissed about this.

Plus, you basically told me you’re not attracted to him, so why do you care? Unless you’re actually truly, madly, deeply in love with him, you should woman up and just tell him.

If you’ve had this connection with him for such a long time, why wouldn’t you just capitalize on it? Who cares if he’s not that pretty? People can grow into falling for each other and you may end up being able to look past the physical flaws.

Try it out – you don’t need a Brittany Snow to help you see the error of your ways. You just need a Penn Badgley to have sex with and stroke his curly hair.

Advice Columnist

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...